Boots or Wellies Poll

Tranquility of Solitude

Boots or Wellies?  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Weather Thread can’t decide, so to settle matters...when muddy, boots or wellies?

• Boots
    • Wellies

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Barefoot, surely?

You'd have thought so, wouldn't you?

The above said I once saw a completely naked young woman walking around bare foot in deep mud, next to the Pyramid Stage. I was very concerned that they'd be broken bottles in the mud underfoot (as there's always some w*nkers that will bring glass on to the farm). The problem that I personally faced was that i was kind of paralysed with drugs, and couldn't move. Fortunately, in the end, some people that could move, walked over to her to get her help. Must have been good acid, I'd say.

3 hours ago, tarw said:

I’ve survived 2005, 2007 and 2016 with boots so can’t be wrong.

Yes, noone who has survived those three years with the same footwear can't be wrong, whatever footwear they were wearing! Must admit I feel as if I have taken everything glasto could possibly throw at me surviving those.

...and 2010, but for very different reasons!

Boots all the way. I've never found a comfortable pair of wellies. 

In really muddy weather boots with seal skinz socks so my feet don't get wet. I wear my walking boots all year round for dog walking so I absolutely know that they are comfy and if I need to change them I usually do it in Winter so that the next pair are well worn in by the time Glastonbury comes around. 

I dont think I should weigh in yet. In 2016 i wore wellies and I absolutely hated them. My feet were torn disgustingly to shreds.

2017 I alternated between converse and trainers and it was amazing.

I've ordered some walking boots. When they get here i'll test the comfort level and decide accordingly. 

7 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

A decent pair of goretex walking boots are unbeatable. Good for putting the miles on in hot weather and great at keeping the damp out in the mud. Make sure they are a good fit and you're sorted 

Wellies - urgghhh

Why wear walking boots in hot weather? Trail shoes /goretex trainer things are infinitely better in such conditions! You walking boot wearers have become obsessed! You wear them even when dry- madness! 

27 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Why wear walking boots in hot weather? Trail shoes /goretex trainer things are infinitely better in such conditions! You walking boot wearers have become obsessed! You wear them even when dry- madness! 

Obsessed! I'll have you know that I take them off before getting onto my sleeping bag!!!

???

4 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I don’t consider ankle high footwear to be boots, I regard them as elongated shoes

Surely an elongated shoe, is just a shoe that is longer, - not necessarily the addition to a shoe of a raised section around the entrance aperture (where the foot goes in).  A section that, to my mind anyway, warrants  it being given a different genesis than that of a shoe ie. a boot.

I just got a pair of Solomon walking boots, that according to lovely lad from Cotswolds will take some battering in rain and mud (which there will be none, so perfect). I hate the feeling of wellies flapping round my legs and only taking boots and trainers.

Just to be sure, if there’s apocalyptic downpour and sea of mud, is there anywhere on site to buy wellies?

9 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

That's nothing - I actually drive to the site in a special car shaped like a walking boot.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jay89 said:

Just to be sure, if there’s apocalyptic downpour and sea of mud, is there anywhere on site to buy wellies?

Coming from a dry country for the festival for the first time in 2016 with boots was a nightmare. We don't have wellies around here and the debate on the exact topic here days before the 2016 festival convinced me that we'll manage without them. After seeing everybody in Bristol coach station wearing or holding wellies and the photos of the site on the thread kept coming, we were panicking so went outside to buy wellies but there were only 60£+ pairs so we gave up. After reaching the site and struggling with the mud for hours we decided to look for wellies but some places didn't have any wellies left for my size and the others didn't have for my partner size though we have pretty standard feet for a man and a woman- so you might need to be quick about it once you're in.