Markets map

flyingmonkeypigs

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Yes right opposite it. Usually near the Dhosa Deli and a nacho place that might have cantina in the name but the full name escapes me. 

Thank you. I'm impressed at your ability to remember that much!

21 hours ago, bombfrog said:

Here are most of my photos. No locations on them but they may jog somebody's memory of their favourite stalls.

https://imgur.com/a/btSgsrF

Wow, impressive!! You have captured many of my favourites there. Excitement levels nicely increased just looking at those! :good:

I've been keeping an Excel spreadsheet of most recommended food traders, grouped by type of food, and with the area that they are in (where I have seen it mentioned, as I'm a Glasto newbie.  Would be good to get any builds/corrections, or for others to take it forward and do more with it.  I'll post a copy in the 2019 Food thread as well.

Glasto Food Traders.xlsx

12 hours ago, Miesh said:

Thank you. I'm impressed at your ability to remember that much!

I do every festival sober so I suspect that helps. I like a lot of the food outlets around William's Green so could probably have a good shot at doing some of those. I could also do a fair few around The Park as I spend a lot of time there. 

On 4/18/2019 at 10:46 PM, bombfrog said:

Here are most of my photos. No locations on them but they may jog somebody's memory of their favourite stalls.

https://imgur.com/a/btSgsrF

I can recommend the 'Wham Bam Tikka' wraps (opposite the benches by the cider bus). Usually avoid the eateries by the pyramid stage but ate here a couple of times in 2017 and it was lush.

5 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

I've been keeping an Excel spreadsheet of most recommended food traders, grouped by type of food, and with the area that they are in (where I have seen it mentioned, as I'm a Glasto newbie.  Would be good to get any builds/corrections, or for others to take it forward and do more with it.  I'll post a copy in the 2019 Food thread as well.

Glasto Food Traders.xlsxUnavailable

Unavailable?  Have you taken it down?

15 hours ago, barkley87 said:

That Japanese place looks great. Any chance you remember where it was? 

I'm fairly confident the Japanese place is on the corner to the left as you face the other stage. However from memory it is pretty steep and disappointing. The fact that I couldn't feel my mouth my have been a factor. 

2 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

I'm fairly confident the Japanese place is on the corner to the left as you face the other stage. However from memory it is pretty steep and disappointing. The fact that I couldn't feel my mouth my have been a factor. 

Actually on second look I think it's a different place. 

Glad I could help. 

PM for more deets

10 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

I have sent you my list via DM, please feel free to add. I keep a list of places I want to try as a draft email on my phone. :lol:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

Sorry, it works when I click on it but must not have the right permissions with my One Drive account. 

Does this link work?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9r3eiwhfxftv8k/237560144_GlastoFoodTraders.xlsx?dl=0&m=

Yes thanks. Had a quick look and it looks brilliant - very extensive and I'm looking forward to pouring over it from now till June - with BSR's playlist on of course. 

2 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

Sorry, it works when I click on it but must not have the right permissions with my One Drive account. 

Does this link work?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9r3eiwhfxftv8k/237560144_GlastoFoodTraders.xlsx?dl=0&m=

Peckish Peacock is  my favourite, but in 2017 it had moved from its old spot near Yeomans  Bridge, to a new, larger  unit on the corner as you walk from Pyramid towards Beat Hotel. 

• Upvote 1

Here's the ones I had listed - I think there's a couple that you haven't got:

Name Type of food Location
ThaiAngle Thai market area close to leftfield stage and between Other and west holts.
Le Grande Bouffe Potato and sausages  
Truly Crumptious Crumpets  
Mac Shack    
Roaming Rotisserie    
Chapati Man Curry wraps Between Other and Left Field
Soulful Food Wholesome stews, curries, including vegetarian Near West Holts
  bubble & squeak, with thick cut fried ham, poached egg and lots of Sriracha place at the entrance to the Park
Wholefood Heaven Buddha bowls  
Seasonal Samosas    
Manic Organic    
Dhosa Deli Indian pancakes Williams Green/West Holts
The Gravy Train Poutine Left Field
  Duck Egg Barm Left Field
  Mezze The Park
Goodness Gracious Falafel  
Rac Shack Poutine/raclette/sausage Opposite cider bus
No Bones Jones Vegetarian  
Goan Fish Curry    
  Vegetable Pakora wooded area, Green Fields
Fry Engine Triple fried chips/deep fried mars bars Acoustic/Kids
Welsh Oggie    
Rockabilly Chilli    
Toastie Postie    
Hippie Chippie    
Permaculture Veggie food in amongst wooded area Green futures
  • Upvote 1

A combination of this marvellous thread and the trolling 'takeaway Apps' one would be brilliant....

I've just seen Bananarama in Avalon and am of course feeling peckish, i open my Glastonbury Sustenance App and look up "Cheesy" and it shows me the route to the nearest cheese based stall...

I would absolutely pay for such an App...

Go to it entrepreneurial tech-heads..!

• Like 1