Markets map

flyingmonkeypigs

This forum has produced some amazing resources in my own fallow period, with the  thingy, BSR’s playlist and threads like the ‘what’s the best track by’ all great additions since I last frequented these pages.

In the spirit of giving something back, and inspired by the food 2019 thread I thought another useful addition would be a map of the market places. Clearly this is tricky with changes taking place every year but I’m prepared to try.

Having not been for 8 years I’m guessing things will be a bit different since I last attended but some things (brothers bar, Goan fish curry, cider bus, etc...) surely never change! If people post their regular food, drink and souvenir stalls in here with an idea of where they’re situated I’ll try to build an interactive map so we can all go back to that place we found at 3am one year and have never been able to locate it again since!

Or if you think this is a crap idea and it spoils the fun of stumbling upon such places, tell me to do one ?

EDIT: If anyone knows of a map of available traders plots can you share with me?

Edited by flyingmonkeypigs
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Capture.PNG.cbf52d44ebf372589f6cb01c91eebea1.PNG

Excuse the dodgy numbering (hard to draw with a mouse), but...

1) Sausage Fest.
2) Wine Bar - A great meeting point and a great place to dance to some 70s/80s classic (they have their own PA system).

This was my general idea, click on an area, then have numbered stalls, with an accompanying key to find a stall by name. Will add these but having tried to make a start this is definitely a project for 2020. A lot harder than I thought!

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It’s a super idea, it may be more realistic to do the entire site in June if say twelve or so efesters did a defined area each, that way everything could be covered?? Maybe with a photo too! 

my plan is to photograph all the main market areas before I'm at the point of forgetting my own name! Will be a good way to rebuild my familiarity with the place on the Wednesday afternoon too.

Any help would be much appreciated

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It’s a super idea, it may be more realistic to do the entire site in June if say twelve or so efesters did a defined area each, that way everything could be covered?? Maybe with a photo too! 

A couple of years ago I took about 100 photos of food stalls. Not really sure why, it was to prove to my mates who don't go to Glastonbury that it wasn't just full of burger vans and dodgy kebabs. I think I tried to take a photo of food from as many different countries as possible.

9 hours ago, bombfrog said:

Here are most of my photos. No locations on them but they may jog somebody's memory of their favourite stalls.

https://imgur.com/a/btSgsrF

Wow thanks for posting. Some happy memories there! 

Loads of food places I could recommend but I'm no good at nailing down a specific location. Guessing more is needed than "by Pyramid"!

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Wow thanks for posting. Some happy memories there! 

Loads of food places I could recommend but I'm no good at nailing down a specific location. Guessing more is needed than "by Pyramid"!

The location thing is the problem. In 2017 I walked past one place and thought "that looks good - I'll try it later" - it took me 2 days to find it again.

20 hours ago, bombfrog said:

Here are most of my photos. No locations on them but they may jog somebody's memory of their favourite stalls.
https://imgur.com/a/btSgsrF

super shots and one of them reminds me when one trader in the early 80's started selling 
Jacket potatoes - no one had ever sold them before { at Glastonbury } - this guy was making a mint - we were able to chat to him one night as he was packing up and he said how many truck loads of potatoes that came in each day - he was kicking himself that he only had one stall - sadly the year later there had to have been six stalls or vans selling Jacket potatoes so I don't think he did so well.

I miss all these places as we have a good canteen and I take provisions ' just in case ' as we have a handy Fridge truck so never have to go out and eat in these places.

some very interesting shots - well done.