Ban on Social Media reporting for workers pre festival

Sawdusty surfer

Spent the day today with someone (who shall remain anonymous) who is as always involved with an aspect of the build of the festival, In this year's contract it states that nothing festival related (ie spoilers) should be posted on Social media before the event. So no spoilers.

Despite my involvement I've  so far, never had to sign a contract as such and neither have they.

Interesting.

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

1 minute ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Spent the day today with someone (who shall remain anonymous) who is as always involved with an aspect of the build of the festival, In this year's contract it states that nothing festival related (ie spoilers) should be posted on Social media before the event. So no spoilers.

Despite my involvement I've, so far, never had to sign a contract as such. 

Interesting.

and what is the issue. I have had court orders that tell me to do the same. Suck it in mate,

• Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

and what is the issue. I have had court orders that tell me to do the same. Suck it in mate,

I'm not entirely sure what you are saying/suggesting here, but I'm not in the least bit concerned about the gagging clause :D

I do occasionally spill small portions of the beans on here. Should I desist? Not worried from a legal point of view....so far.

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Sorry if I have misinterpreted your post. but it seemed like you were criticising the NG clause.

Hell no, sorry if I was being ambiguous. If GFL decide to clamp down on leaks and spoilers I totally understand. 

In the last few weeks I've been responsible for making public a couple of fairly fat nuggets about this year's festival, but hey, at least I dropped the info on here and not anywhere else :)

I for one would prefer not to see or hear spoilers for the new areas like the pier, Block 9, Arcadia, etc. If anyone is gonna post info on the new areas I'd appreciate advance warning or a creating a separate thread. I think there are some nice surprises lined up this year, personally I'd like to keep it that way. Only for another 69 days... 

• Upvote 1

I'm quite happy with a bit of a blackout tbh. Speculation and build up is great, but imagine if you'd wandered into the site and come face to face with a bloody pier as a complete surprise!

The sort of thing that almost comes close to replicating the amazement you felt the first time you saw the site would be glorious.

I remember when i worked in 2017 for Greenpeace on the build, they gave us a glasto workers guide and it did ask in there not to post any build photos. Unfortunately I only saw this two days before the festival and had been posting photos on here from the beginning of June!

10 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Despite my involvement I've  so far, never had to sign a contract as such and neither have they.

Interesting.

All seems a bit draconian and erring towards the fascistic for any festival to take such a stance, let alone the previously perceived liberal stance of Glastonbury. Why adopt such a position - it's a festival, not the Cold War?