Courteeners

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

The info was them subbing The Prodigy on the Saturday. Now The Chemical Brothers have been confirmed for the Saturday I guess it puts doubt on the Courteeners info..

I do wonder if The Chemical Brothers were moved to the Saturday because they wanted a dancey act up against The Killers and maybe someone like Liam Gallagher has agreed to headline The Other Stage rather than sub The Pyramid. 

45 minutes ago, Username taken said:

Liam Gallagher headlining the Other Stage against any of those 3 Pyramid headliners would make for serious overcrowding at the Other IMO

Is he really that popular. I've seen him twice as Beadyeye by accident and I definitely wouldn't make that mistake again. 

3 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I do wonder if The Chemical Brothers were moved to the Saturday because they wanted a dancey act up against The Killers and maybe someone like Liam Gallagher has agreed to headline The Other Stage rather than sub The Pyramid.

Maybe someone swapped with courteeners who will now sub on Sunday.

55 minutes ago, Badlands said:

It still bends my head how 'LG with ex-oasis staffers behind him as a band' struggled to sell out academies, yet on his own he's one of the biggest live acts in the country.

Name, that's all it is. Beadyeye released music that wasn't welcomed well. LG in peoples heads will mostly just play Oasis stuff. 

2 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

He’s Liam Gallagher get real. He’s huge. 

Obviously he is way bigger than I imagine or at least to you. If he was playing next door to me I wouldn't go. I genuinely didn't realise that he was that big. Last time I saw him was when he opened the other stage and it's one of the most lacklustre sets and crowds that I've witnessed at Glastonbury. I only stayed because The Hives were on next and they knew how to get a crowd going. 

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

It still bends my head how 'LG with ex-oasis staffers behind him as a band' struggled to sell out academies, yet on his own he's one of the biggest live acts in the country.

Because he's the voice of Oasis and his set will be 75% Oasis, plus his solo stuff aside from Beady Eye hasn't been received that bad. It's 100% I would imagine the biggest sub Glastonbury has had for at least 10 years and I think with a good undercard he'd sell an outdoor venue as well as any of the headliners...one of them wouldn't even sellout an outdoor venue. Obviously in Manchester it goes without saying mind.

5 hours ago, Username taken said:

Liam Gallagher headlining the Other Stage against any of those 3 Pyramid headliners would make for serious overcrowding at the Other IMO

While this may well be true, it seems kind of depressing.....

But gigpusher ain’t wrong. He got a big crowd middle of the Other bill but not “seriously overcrowded”. As a headliner his crowd would be scaled down. Not that him moving to the Other Stage would be happening.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Nothing is on my mind whatsoever. People get upset when I slag off certain bands.

Ay mate if you haven’t got anything nice to say just don’t say it, y’hear?

13 hours ago, Badlands said:

IIRC Beady Eye made a point of not playing any Oasis tunes on their first album tour, then only one or two subsequently.  Liam now sings at least 50% Oasis songs, and he his solo album went to #1 and was generally well received.

14 hours ago, Badlands said:

The supersonic documentary did well and as a result was signed by a major who marketed him a lot better than beady eye were. Musically there's not actually too much difference between his solo album and beady eye.