Coombe Weekender 2019

TheWaters

New music festival in Coventry at Coombe Abbey. 3rd/4th August.

Saturday- Indie/Rock 18+

Sunday- House/Dance all ages

Quite a few local bands on the bill including a couple I know who've told me the headliner is a huge UK Exclusive. Lineup revealed midday tomorrow.

Let's hope this one doesn't flop like SoundScape.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Saturday- Indie/Rock 18+

Quite a few local bands on the bill including a couple I know who've told me the headliner is a huge UK Exclusive. Lineup revealed midday tomorrow.

£42.50 +fees for the saturday, let's see i guess should be a decently sized headliner maybe Kasabian or Liam Gallagher i'm thinking. More wildcard picks prehaps Libertines? Any idea if its camping and the capacity? Also weird the indie rock day is 18+ but not the house/dance day, 18+ may put a fair amount of people off going.

edit: the facebook says 'major exclusive headlinerS' i've pmed them if its camping and about capacity

Edited by gfa

1 minute ago, gfa said:

£42.50 +fees for the saturday, let's see i guess should be a decently sized headliner maybe Kasabian or Liam Gallagher i'm thinking. More wildcard picks prehaps Libertines? Any idea if its camping and the capacity? Also weird the indie rock day is 18+ but not the house/dance day, 18+ may put a fair amount of people off going.

Coventry like to reuse acts at other fests/ when they play gigs they're almost always booked to play a local fest too, so I'm thinking a few acts from the initially planned indie/rock soundscape day will play. Think we were told Happy Mondays, Tom Grennan, The Vaccines, Richard Ashcroft and The Libertines plus a big mystery headliner. Wouldn't be surprised to see David Guetta headlining the dance day either now tbf.

Yeah the age limits are the wrong way round imo. Again though, Soundscape was initially 17+ then dropped all age restrictions lmao so who knows.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

Coventry like to reuse acts at other fests/ when they play gigs they're almost always booked to play a local fest too, so I'm thinking a few acts from the initially planned indie/rock soundscape day will play. Think we were told Happy Mondays, Tom Grennan, The Vaccines, Richard Ashcroft and The Libertines plus a big mystery headliner. Wouldn't be surprised to see David Guetta headlining the dance day either now tbf.

Yeah the age limits are the wrong way round imo. Again though, Soundscape was initially 17+ then dropped all age restrictions lmao so who knows.

Ah very well. Libertines as a sub though wow this could turn out to be awesome! No camping, they didn't want to tell me the capacity it seems. Asked for a letter of the headliner, they weren't keen on spoiling it haha. I am pretty sure for the price that Libertines would headline though, as an exclusive show they could definitely pull it off but someone above them thats exclusive could turn out to be one of the best lineups of the year for a day fest.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Saturday- Indie/Rock 18+

• Like 1

From what I've been told it's Libertines headlining and they've got Circa Waves, Happy Mondays, Tom Grennan, Rev and the Makers and The Futureheads. A lot of them are managed by a fella called John Dawkins who's from Coventry and I think he's had something to do with it so would make sense on that part. Apparently one of the lads booking it was doing the booking for Soundscape but got given the boot, don't know the reasoning; have no clue how this is gonna pan out though. Transport links to and from Coombe Abbey are hardly the best and for the price I think we'll be seeing some pretty short sets 

Lineups been leaked:

Saturday:

Main: The Libertines//Tom Grennan//Circa Waves//Gerry Cinnamon//Reverend & The Makers//Athens//Candid//BLVFF

Hacienda Tent:

Happy Mondays//Grahame Park//Mike Pickering//Greg Wilson//Jamie Ward

Sunday:

Main: Sister Sledge// Martha Reeves & The Vandellas//James Morrison//Toploader//Craig Charles and his Funk and Soul Club// Crazy P//Norman Jay MBE

Tent: David Rodigan//Ms Dynamite 

More TBC

5 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Lineups been leaked:

Saturday:

Main: The Libertines//Tom Grennan//Circa Waves//Gerry Cinnamon//Reverend & The Makers//Athens//Candid//BLVFF

Hacienda Tent:

Sunday:

Main: Sister Sledge// Martha Reeves & The Vandellas//James Morrison//Toploader//Craig Charles and his Funk and Soul Club// Crazy P//Norman Jay MBE

More TBC

So Neighbourhood Weekender meets Rewind festival then. 

7 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Lineups been leaked:

Saturday:

Hacienda Tent:

Sunday:

More TBC

Thats not in order right? Seems like a big jump down to the next act from The Libertines? That’s not in order right surely Circa are bigger than Tom Grennan? I guess they blew their money for Libs

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Thats not in order right? Seems like a big jump down to the next act from The Libertines? That’s not in order right surely Circa are bigger than Tom Grennan? I guess they blew their money for Libs

Looks like it is the order. Really strange I would’ve said Circa Waves above Grennan too.

11 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Lineups been leaked:

Saturday:

Hacienda Tent:

Sunday:

More TBC

that line-up is very wrong compared to what's in the press release.

Only a £3 booking fee too, nice surprise i guess. Hope your wrong about Happy Mondays though, i would prefer someone else not sure who as the jump to the libertines is massive - hopefully it is someone who is bigger than tom grennan i guess.

43 minutes ago, TommyLC said:

You can see why.

Wouldn't be surprised to see The Enemy/Tom Clarke pop up as the huge headline act. From Cov and managed by the same guy running it I believe. 

Andy Hopkins is already playing with his other band and The Enemy aren't together anymore. The missing headline is Happy Mondays from what I've heard, will be on at the same time as The Libertines 

Odd that the poster I got sent shared quite a few acts but has some different. I even sent it to my mates band who are playing the Saturday who confirmed it was real. My guess would be the leak encouraging them to re-jig who's announced in the first announcement? I doubt it was a fake it looked very official and had quite a few shared acts.

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Odd that the poster I got sent shared quite a few acts but has some different. I even sent it to my mates band who are playing the Saturday who confirmed it was real. My guess would be the leak encouraging them to re-jig who's announced in the first announcement? I doubt it was a fake it looked very official and had quite a few shared acts.

Its such a late first announcement they just need to get every name out asap before people book other festivals I think. Can you share this poster or dm me @TheWaters

Have heard Gerry Cinnamon was originally booked to play but pulled out before the first announcement. That’s coming from one of the bands on the lineup I personally know.

Not a huge loss for me personally, am not a fan, but I know he definitely would’ve got a big crowd for him alone.

12 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Have heard Gerry Cinnamon was originally booked to play but pulled out before the first announcement. That’s coming from one of the bands on the lineup I personally know.

Not a huge loss for me personally, am not a fan, but I know he definitely would’ve got a big crowd for him alone.

Better name could tempt me though- anyone who wants to see him would have booked Reading/Leeds or somewhere else already anyway.

edit: Coventry is a bit southern for Gerry to be a major draw anyway nobody cares about him down south

Edited by gfa

17 minutes ago, gfa said:

Better name could tempt me though- anyone who wants to see him would have booked Reading/Leeds or somewhere else already anyway.

edit: Coventry is a bit southern for Gerry to be a major draw anyway nobody cares about him down south

He’s definitely still quite a big draw here though, I know a lot of people who would go just to see him tbf. He’s not at R&L is he? I guess community is a shout, but still.