2019 Map

Dukeicon

By turning West Holts slightly towards the Glasto Latino, is there not going to be some overflow of sound or does Glasto Latino start after the West Holts headliner? When they had music in that bar in the same place ( last went in 2015 :) ) there was definately some overflow of sound if you were on the path side.

31 minutes ago, ghandi said:

By turning West Holts slightly towards the Glasto Latino, is there not going to be some overflow of sound or does Glasto Latino start after the West Holts headliner? When they had music in that bar in the same place ( last went in 2015 :) ) there was definately some overflow of sound if you were on the path side.

They do some funky stuff with the sound at West Holts which means it can be contained relatively well. I think @stuartbert two hats has some links / knowledge of the sound?

1 minute ago, Keithy said:

They do some funky stuff with the sound at West Holts which means it can be contained relatively well. I think @stuartbert two hats has some links / knowledge of the sound?

Yep, the Martin Audio MLA Compact, the mini version of the Pyramid setup, also used in Genosys and JPT (although using different configurations).  Much more tech info here: https://www.tpimagazine.com/glastonbury-2016-the-highlights/

And here: https://rgjones.co.uk/docs/latest-news/EVpEZZukZpYwvEesIS.shtml

Looks like the PA changed in W Holts in 2016 - the second link mentions Ed Sheeran playing and says "RG’s have now been supplying West Holts and Block 9 Genosys with MLA Compact systems over the last two years"

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Very important tip for W Holts - if it sounds terrible where you're stood, get closer.  It's likely to sound spectacular if you get into the right position, but utter tripe in the wrong one.

The mrs wasn't feeling that well during Radiohead in 17 so went back to the tent and heard a mash up of fake plastic trees from the Pyramid and bonkers by Dizzie Rascal belting out from West Holts which she maintained was the strangest things she had ever heard. However shows that they have powerful speakers for West Holts

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

The mrs wasn't feeling that well during Radiohead in 17 so went back to the tent and heard a mash up of fake plastic trees from the Pyramid and bonkers by Dizzie Rascal belting out from West Holts which she maintained was the strangest things she had ever heard. However shows that they have powerful speakers for West Holts

I was very ill in 2009 and heard Blur, Prodigy and The Black Eyed Peas simultaneously from my tent in Pennards.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I was very ill in 2009 and heard Blur, Prodigy and The Black Eyed Peas simultaneously from my tent in Pennards.

In 2016 I was just days away from hospitalisation and had to deal with a horrendous fever in my tent next to Arcadia. ?

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I feel for you having to endure any of Black Eyed Peas even if it was from the safe distance of your tent. 

On the map it states "SE corner access point", if I want to watch Frank Turner headline the Avalon on Friday will I need to go through this access point? Probably a stupid question but as I've never been I don't want to get stuck behind crowds. Also, is the SE corner worth the crowds?

7 minutes ago, foolee said:

On the map it states "SE corner access point", if I want to watch Frank Turner headline the Avalon on Friday will I need to go through this access point? Probably a stupid question but as I've never been I don't want to get stuck behind crowds. Also, is the SE corner worth the crowds?

No, there's three routes to Avalon, one close to where the access point is, moving away from West Holts, one is via a gap off the old railway line, the third heading from Greenpeace.

As for the SE corner....depends on how much you want to endure, going early (Say 10 pm) is quiet and easy but lacks atmosphere, after the main bands finish it's rammed for hours)

Edited by Avalon_Fields

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Very important tip for W Holts - if it sounds terrible where you're stood, get closer.  It's likely to sound spectacular if you get into the right position, but utter tripe in the wrong one.

That's true of a few stages. I've discovered that on The Other Stage as well which seems to be particularly affected by wind. 

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

The Other Stage is affected by wind, but this is something different, it happens even when it's not too windy.

Yes I have a golden rule at Glastonbury now if anything is not to my satisfaction: sound, crowd whatever just try moving and often just a short bimble to somewhere else can result in enjoying the rest of the act. If you try a couple of times and it doesn't work then it's time to move on. 

3 hours ago, morph100 said:

@Brave Sir Robin think we might have a longer walk in each day if we are at the back of E25

Thought that too but it’s been pointed out (by @incident, on the previous page) that the map for the CV fields has gone back to what it was in 2016, so the walk will be no worse than then - & can’t be as muddy!

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

44 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I feel for you having to endure any of Black Eyed Peas even if it was from the safe distance of your tent. 

Even the small amount I endured passing by still causes occasional flashbacks of horror... What the F was going on with the random 'rapper' they had on stage with them I'll never know..

I’m a bit sceptical about this stuff about the  West Holts PA altering wherever you stand.

Saw Underworld in 2016 and heard some amazing, crisp sounding techno blasting out of that system. Stood in exactly the same spot a year later for Shaggy and the stuff emanating from said same equipment was utter fucking tripe. Does anyone have any explanation for this?

2 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

I’m a bit sceptical about this stuff about the  West Holts PA altering wherever you stand.

Saw Underworld in 2016 and heard some amazing, crisp sounding techno blasting out of that system. Stood in exactly the same spot a year later for Shaggy and the stuff emanating from said same equipment was utter fucking tripe. Does anyone have any explanation for this?

Shaggy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Shaggy

beat me to it :) 

5 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Justice sounded incredible up the front in '17, best sounding system Ive heard at a festival apart from maybe The Glade?

I want to insert a “Yes, that’s the joke” meme here, but don’t want to annoy such esteemed posters.

But also want it on record that I attended Shaggy as an act of love and hate his music.

It’s a real conundrum.

never been called an esteemed poster before  :) .....