2019 Map

Dukeicon

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ah okay. Yeah I hope they change it up. Don't necessarily want to watch a whole film but would like a wander.

We went in and wandered on Sunday evening but I think we were probably only allowed because it was between films. I don't ever like the idea of booking something in advance because things happen once you are on site and I wouldn't want to have committed to something and then feel like I was leaving something better to go to it. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Indeed. I have zero interest in booking a ticket to see a film on a Saturday night at Glastonbury.

Agreed. I do think it's a shame to build something that most people don't get to see though so hopefully they will allow people in and out a bit more. At other times of day I could happily pop in and watch half of something but I wouldn't want to commit to it.

Something has been confusing me about this map, and I've just figured out what it is.

It seems like large chunks of it - especially the staff campsites and stuff outside the fence like the Campervan fields and Car Parks - are a lot closer to the 2016 map than they are to the 2017 version.

As in, they're near enough pixel identical.

jZVUo8C.gif

Edited by incident
  • Upvote 4

All the talk of the West Holts angle has stirred something. I do have the vaguest of memories of the stage not directly facing the track at the back. Round about 2009-ish.

Do we have any notion of how high the pier is going to be? As in could something go under it. Like maybe a big supermarket.

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I have zero interest in booking a ticket to see a film on a Saturday night at Glastonbury.

I must admit I don’t really understand that either. I mean, I’m happy if it’s popular only because it thins out numbers elsewhere, but I’m only really interested in doing things I can’t do anywhere else. 

16 minutes ago, kalifire said:

We’re on version 3 of the 2019 map already! 

Oooh has something been added? I wonder why they've released it so early before it's finished. Maybe they just wanted to have a map that didn't say 2017 at the top of the page

Edited by Sasperella

6 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Oooh has something been added? I wonder why they've released it so early before it's finished. Maybe they just wanted to have a map that didn't say 2017 at the top of the page

They've altered how Glaston Latino looks by the West holts stage- the path between that field and avalon now looks very narrow indeed! Bit of a squeeze there, wonder how it will hold up when it gets busy.

Webmap-2019-v3.png

5 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I'm very disappointed that the Sonic stage is exactly the same shape- I thought they said they had changed it this year

I wouldn't be too downhearted.  I'm sure their just using previously used icons to mark the location, not necessarily the shape of the stages.  The Spider is still showing in Arcadia, when we already know it's not going to be there.  

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

They've altered how Glaston Latino looks by the West holts stage- the path between that field and avalon now looks very narrow indeed! Bit of a squeeze there, wonder how it will hold up when it gets busy.

Also different between v1 and v3 -

- Removed the (presumably errant) Lost Property icon on Silver Hayes Road

- Renamed The Pier to Glastonbury on Sea

I don't think the width of that path is going to be too much of a concern - that route has never felt high volume, and was closed off entirely in 2017 without it causing any issues. Going back much further (10 years ish), there used to be toilets located there which narrowed the path quite a bit, and they always seemed a lot quieter and cleaner than the other 2 sets nearish the Jazz World stage suggesting people weren't aware of them.

18 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

That path was blocked off in 2017. Access has to be via the Ridge & Furrow now.

12 hours ago, NancyBoyPossum said:

Weird, I’m sure I used it last time.  Either way, Glasto Latino looks like its dumped on top of Goan Fish Curry which makes breakfast beer and kedgeree in Avalon more awkward.

The path was closed until some time on Saturday. I love this area spending many hours moving between West Holts, Avalon, Avalon Cafe and Avalon bar.

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

there's "Webmap-2019-v2-.png" there now.

Camplight has been removed.

e: it says NS 2019 v1 on the bottom right though....

https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Webmap-2019-v2-.png

This is getting a bit messy isn't it - cos this is basically back to V2, but with Camplight removed...