2019 Map

Dukeicon

34 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Never been in the temple. I need to change that for 2019

Saw Popof do a banging hour of techno there in 2017, Fuzz. Very fun venue.

Sadly, I also saw Patrick Topping there**

;)

Ben

** in my defence, I had been there before he played and wnated to be there after he'd played and it was Sunday night, and rammed, and they'd stopped people coming in, so it was endure The ToppingTM or leave. T'was atrocious!

2 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

I think it's just returning to it's old angle- it actually increases the capacity I think (this was how it looked in 2010):

http://www.wbc-team.co.uk/2010-large-version-glasto.html

Aw back when Arcadia was down SE, I miss those days. Shangri-la seemed so much better years ago as well. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

there have been photos of Michael with more cars  they've imported maybe just more of the same :) 

Aha! The cars are great! But I'm hoping for more than just cars although that being said, I did enjoy have a good walk around them all and sitting in a few for fun photos!

15 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

;)

Ben

** in my defence, I had been there before he played and wnated to be there after he'd played and it was Sunday night, and rammed, and they'd stopped people coming in, so it was endure The ToppingTM or leave. T'was atrocious!

Ahh the classic I was present but didn't partake defence @bennyhana22 ?

12 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Aw back when Arcadia was down SE, I miss those days. Shangri-la seemed so much better years ago as well. 

I agree, though I would say the Common has become a lot better than it was in its first year - I think its had the most impressive transformation of any area in the festival over that time span. I also like strummervilles new location (though I seem to be in the minority!). 

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I didn't make it to Cineramageddon last time. Well we did but we weren't allowed in because there was some kind of ticketed event on - is that a thing? - and never made it back. Would like to see it.

Yeah last year it was a ticket only event (booked in advance). Anecdotally, there were a lot of no shows. Hopefully this year they might tweak it so only half is bookable in advance and they can do turn ups for the rest.

Just now, Keithy said:

Yeah last year it was a ticket only event (booked in advance). Anecdotally, there were a lot of no shows. Hopefully this year they might tweak it so only half is bookable in advance and they can do turn ups for the rest.

Yeh me and a mate tried to get in after Radiohead in 2017 and were told we needed tickets....we ended up at one of the bars in the Park instead!

4 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Ah okay. Yeah I hope they change it up. Don't necessarily want to watch a whole film but would like a wander.

17 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ah okay. Yeah I hope they change it up. Don't necessarily want to watch a whole film but would like a wander.

We camp quite near you could wander during the day as I went at about 11 one morning before things really got going (and my mates were still getting ready) it’s worth it at that time if you don’t want to see a film but see the cars

38 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I did wonder at the time if it was to discourage the 'tourist' crowd turning up to take a photo or two in a car and then leave....  which I can sort of see... if you went there to spend a bit of time and constantly had people coming in and out then that might ruin the occasion. 

I'm sure with a bit of rewarding it can be managed though. Sell the cars nearest the screen beforehand and then the ones towards the back for the 'turn ups'?

@Gnomicide when did Cineramamamamamammamamamamamageedon tickets go on sale in 2017?

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

I agree, though I would say the Common has become a lot better than it was in its first year - I think its had the most impressive transformation of any area in the festival over that time span. I also like strummervilles new location (though I seem to be in the minority!). 

Oh no - I love the new Strummerville location.  Feels like a calm oasis up at the top of the hill....like a reward for the effort of getting there. 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

;)

Ben

I second @bennyhana22's endorsement of the Temple, @FuzzyDunlop. Not either of your two's particular brand of electronica but Dimension went OFF in there last time round. I like him anyway but the cauldron that is the Temple added to the atmosphere. A naughty corner essential venue, but get there early

24 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

Oh no - I love the new Strummerville location.  Feels like a calm oasis up at the top of the hill....like a reward for the effort of getting there. 

When I first went up there in 2016 it seemed to be a mountain and I think I was almost crying walking up there. I think they must have made it a lot lower by 2017 as I skipped up it without a care.  Or maybe that's just the difference between a muddy and a dry year.

6 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

That path was blocked off in 2017. Access has to be via the Ridge & Furrow now.

Weird, I’m sure I used it last time.  Either way, Glasto Latino looks like its dumped on top of Goan Fish Curry which makes breakfast beer and kedgeree in Avalon more awkward.