2019 Map

Dukeicon

17 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I think it's just returning to it's old angle- it actually increases the capacity I think (this was how it looked in 2010):

http://www.wbc-team.co.uk/2010-large-version-glasto.html

Thanks, 2013 was my first year and just can’t picture how it will work in my head with the path running through what seems like part of the main viewing area.

Underworld in 16 on the Friday night there was fantastic then straight into the Temple, although saying that the stage could have probably been facing the other way that night and I wouldn’t have noticed 

1 hour ago, found home in 2009 said:

is the comedy tent not labelled, or has it been moved, or am I just an idiot? Could be latter.

Used to like getting a cocktail from the place next to cabaret theatre then going into comedy tent to chill for a bit. 

Comedy is IN the Cabaret tent :)

6 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Apparently they have done away with the Temple venue this year.

Oh really? Do you have a source for this?

One of my mates will be gutted... he spent most of his time there :-(

41 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Bushy is great (and my current favourite, will be there this year) but it's not that much closer to the action, aside from Silver Hayes and John Peel. I don't mind that, though - that's what makes it quieter and fill up slower. The walk back is quite pleasant too. 

I prefer to camp slightly further out then right amongst it and bushy seems the perfect distance imo, short walk of 5 mins and your right in the gully area heading either towards the other or take a left to the jp 

13 minutes ago, stu_kent said:

Oh really? Do you have a source for this?

One of my mates will be gutted... he spent most of his time there ?

Friend of mine played it in 2017, he has been told the venue itself isn’t coming back this year, assume they’ll have something else there but the structure and I think possibly the bookers have changed for that venue. 

Edit to say I’ve just seen that someone has self confirmed for the Temple stage, so maybe he has merely been fobbed off by the booker for this year! He was adamant it wasn’t going to be there. 

Edited by Matt - Ed Banger Records

18 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Friend of mine played it in 2017, he has been told the venue itself isn’t coming back this year, assume they’ll have something else there but the structure and I think possibly the bookers have changed for that venue. 

Edit to say I’ve just seen that someone has self confirmed for the Temple stage, so maybe he has merely been fobbed off by the booker for this year! He was adamant it wasn’t going to be there. 

I like that they didn't have the heart to tell your friend that they just didn't want to book them this year, so they invented that elaborate story- and now you've ruined it!?

50 minutes ago, Barneym said:

Thanks, 2013 was my first year and just can’t picture how it will work in my head with the path running through what seems like part of the main viewing area.

Underworld in 16 on the Friday night there was fantastic then straight into the Temple, although saying that the stage could have probably been facing the other way that night and I wouldn’t have noticed 

It looks weird on the map at that angle, but it actually worked well in practice- in fact I remember when they first changed it to the way you're familiar with, people (included myself) were worried it wouldn't work at that angle and it significantly reduced the capacity! We've come full circle!

55 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Yeah - Heidi has specifically listed a set in the Temple for the Saturday night, and there is a conspicuously Templey-shaped blob in The Common on the new map, so I reckon someone is giving someone else crappy intel!

Ben

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yeah - Heidi has specifically listed a set in the Temple for the Saturday night, and there is a conspicuously Templey-shaped blob in The Common on the new map, so I reckon someone is giving someone else crappy intel!

Ben

I would have been very surprised if it was gone - 2017 was the first year of the new, super-sized Temple.

24 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Never been in the temple. I need to change that for 2019

2 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

I think it's just returning to it's old angle- it actually increases the capacity I think (this was how it looked in 2010):

http://www.wbc-team.co.uk/2010-large-version-glasto.html

2010 was my 1st Glastonbury since 2005 and I litter picked on the West Holts stage as I did in 2011 & 2013- never noticed that the stage had moved!