2019 Map

Dukeicon

1 hour ago, jfaragher said:

So - I'm certain, though it may just be a false memory, that the Jazz World Stage (as it was) pointed much more southerly in the 90s, almost directly towards the row of shops etc that included in the Blue Moon Cafe / towards the junction where the Tiny Tea Tent was.

This http://www.webm8.co.uk/riddler/flyers/glastonbury/0024.html seems to suggest this was the case.

Amazing how much smaller the site was back in 1999.

Car parking where Arcadia is now seems very odd!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

no its not ... its in the woods ... and no you are not :) 

Thanks! Map reading is not a skill of mine. Still get lost on site and 2019 will be my ninth year! And only half of those times getting lost are down to being under the influence...

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks! Map reading is not a skill of mine. Still get lost on site and 2019 will be my ninth year! And only half of those times getting lost are down to being under the influence...

This is why you have to commit the entire map to memory now, and conduct multiple recall tests in the next 10 or so weeks, preferably when spangled. It’ll pay dividends.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Hopefully to be able to cover a larger area without sound bleed.  There were massive problems with the sound the last couple of years if you were in the wrong place.  Stand in the right place and it was utterly wonderful.

Didn't they originally rotate it a couple of years ago to avoid sound bleed in the GreenFields and provide a bit more space backstage? Is it essentially back to where it was before the rotation?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

This is why you have to commit the entire map to memory now, and conduct multiple recall tests in the next 10 or so weeks, preferably when spangled. It’ll pay dividends.

Nah. My capacity for getting lost is beyond compare! No amount of looking at a map will help.

52 minutes ago, Divein said:

It's a stage behind the waterfall in The Common I think.

I dont think I've ever been in but it's all a blur when I get in the South East Corner.

I loved the novelty of edging along underneath the waterfall to get in. Thought it was pretty rubbish once I was in, but was good fun getting in.

12 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Was there always a 2nd EE thingy by Beat Hotel? Never ever noticed it if so.

From memory there has been one there for a couple of years, either much smaller than the main one or just a power bar exchange point as suggested above.

On a separate note, was Love Bullets marked up previously or are we to assume this may have moved from the Glade area?

Edited by ripcurl85

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Curious quick question as I know these get asked a lot. Have camped a lot on the Pyramid side/john peel side. Am thinking about Rivermead/Bushy, how quick do those fill up? 

I camp bushy every year doesn’t fill up overly quick and fairly easy access to silver Hayes on through to other, wouldn’t camp anywhere else 

19 minutes ago, Razza_bezza said:

I camp bushy every year doesn’t fill up overly quick and fairly easy access to silver Hayes on through to other, wouldn’t camp anywhere else 

Fantastic, will probably be getting in fairly early anyway so thats good to know. Have done near the top too many times due to coach, gonna march down a bit this year and get closer to some of the action. 

49 minutes ago, Barneym said:

I can’t see how WH can face that way without losing lots of capacity as the bars and food stools with the path on the right as you look at the stage would be in the way. I’m not convinced this is correct 

I think it's just returning to it's old angle- it actually increases the capacity I think (this was how it looked in 2010):

http://www.wbc-team.co.uk/2010-large-version-glasto.html

Edited by Mr.Tease
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Fantastic, will probably be getting in fairly early anyway so thats good to know. Have done near the top too many times due to coach, gonna march down a bit this year and get closer to some of the action. 

Bushy is great (and my current favourite, will be there this year) but it's not that much closer to the action, aside from Silver Hayes and John Peel. I don't mind that, though - that's what makes it quieter and fill up slower. The walk back is quite pleasant too. 

I might have to rethink my camping ground this year if the pier really is somehow over Pennards. I don't find it too noisy normally (by the time in my tent I tend to be tired enough to sleep through most things) but I certainly wouldn't want it any noisier or more crowded.

It's actually quite a relaxed field once you're in the middle of it because there's no need for any through traffic unless you're camping there. The top (Park through to Stone Circle) and bottom (Arcadia through to Glade) get busy, but in the middle and going up and down it's not too bad at all. The pier could mess with that.