Playlists Megathread

deadpheasant

Just thought it'd be a good idea to put everything in one thread, so it's easier for people to find the playlists.

Let me know if there are other playlists going around and I'll update this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------

Glastonbury 2019 Mega Playlist by @Brave Sir Robin -

Link

Silver Hayes 2019 by @deadpheasant - 

Link

Field of Avalon 2019 by @cb4747

Link

• Upvote 6

I've been creating individual setlists for bands I want to see (or explore more) using https://setify.co/

It will create a spotify playlist based on the average setlist on setlist.fm and is really easy to use. Wont bother sharing all the playlists as I've got about 10 of them, but thought it was a useful link for anyone else that makes their own playlists. 

I used to do it manually so was delighted when I found it.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Pssst, @cb4747, wrong Junkyard Dogs. Don't think Hobo has any songs on Spotify anymore. 

Gah - that's a shame. I got very excited on my commute home when 'Lightning Bar Blues' jumped out from the the playlist. Anyone who covers obscure Hanoi Rocks tunes from *checks notes* 1982 (bloody hell) would have me down the front. (On my own?)

1 hour ago, Fishman said:

Gah - that's a shame. I got very excited on my commute home when 'Lightning Bar Blues' jumped out from the the playlist. Anyone who covers obscure Hanoi Rocks tunes from *checks notes* 1982 (bloody hell) would have me down the front. (On my own?)

sorry! 

3 hours ago, Fishman said:

I'd have been there. Though probably not with any ribble wine as that always sounded disgusting.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'd have been there. Though probably not with any ribble wine as that always sounded disgusting.

It's 'Ripple Wine' and I know this because I was so bemused singing along last night that I went and looked it up. You're right, it is (was) disgusting.

"Ripple was a fortified wine produced by E & J Gallo Winery that was popular in the United States, particularly in the seventies. Possessing a low 11% A.B.V., it was originally marketed to "casual" drinkers. Due to its low price, it had a reputation as a drink for alcoholics and the destitute. It was popular among young drinkers, both underage and college students. It is no longer produced." I suppose Thunderbird won that battle.

41 minutes ago, Fishman said:

It's 'Ripple Wine' and I know this because I was so bemused singing along last night that I went and looked it up. You're right, it is (was) disgusting.

"Ripple was a fortified wine produced by E & J Gallo Winery that was popular in the United States, particularly in the seventies. Possessing a low 11% A.B.V., it was originally marketed to "casual" drinkers. Due to its low price, it had a reputation as a drink for alcoholics and the destitute. It was popular among young drinkers, both underage and college students. It is no longer produced." I suppose Thunderbird won that battle.

Interesting. I meant ripple, no idea why I put ribble, that's a river. 

Thunderbird though, good Lord I had some messy nights thanks to that stuff.

On 4/16/2019 at 12:13 PM, deadpheasant said:

Just thought it'd be a good idea to put everything in one thread, so it's easier for people to find the playlists.

Let me know if there are other playlists going around and I'll update this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------

Glastonbury 2019 Mega Playlist by @Brave Sir Robin -

Link

Silver Hayes 2019 by @deadpheasant - 

Link

Field of Avalon 2019 by @cb4747

Link

Realised I don't know how to insert Spotify playlists in this way.  What's the secret?

• 9 months later...

Not really Glastonbury related but probably of interest is someone has supposedly unearthed Lou Reed's what I'm listening to playlists on Spotify, it's an interesting mix of bits and pieces from Nicki Minaj to Napalm Death. I'm not 100% convinced it's actually Lou Reed's account but who knows.