Avalon lineup 2019

billum

1 hour ago, cidy said:

Skinny lister on stage on Sunday at 16.50 Kylie clash right there ,legends slot usually 4 pm 

Seen them both in the last 9 months, so at least I get to make an informed choice depending on mood at the time!!

3 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

Only discovered the Burning Hell recently, but the lyrics really make me laugh and the music rocks too. Hopefully see them clashes permitting

Exactly! Fuck the Government is a great song which I've listened to loads since I've discovered it.

3 minutes ago, suzie sue said:

Listen to this it’ll blow your socks off

We saw them week and they didn't play this. I don't think they often do now but maybe at Glasto as it's probably their most well known. But even though I didn't know most of their songs I really enjoyed them.

35 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Is it not a Xmas song? Or is just a song that was released at Xmas?  I’ve no idea what they’re singing about - Latin wasnt one of the choices at Kenton Comp!

Wiki  -"Gaudete is a sacred Christmas carol". I seem to recall there were words about The Virgin Mary or whatever the Latin for her is.

53 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

We saw them week and they didn't play this. I don't think they often do now but maybe at Glasto as it's probably their most well known. But even though I didn't know most of their songs I really enjoyed them.

Did they do ‘All Around my Hat’?... I must admit I’ll be one of those annoying people there for one song if they’re at a time that suits

Just now, flyingmonkeypigs said:

Did they do ‘All Around my Hat’?... I must admit I’ll be one of those annoying people there for one song if they’re at a time that suits

They did and very good live it was too so worth it if it fits in. Sort of folky but with a rocky vibe to it. I can see me bouncing and jumping along to it with a beer aloft.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

They did and very good live it was too so worth it if it fits in. Sort of folky but with a rocky vibe to it. I can see me bouncing and jumping along to it with a beer aloft.

A friend and I spent most of 2010 ‘entertaining’ our campsite singing Ade Edmundson’s version of it, so already link the song with Glastonbury. Hope they’re on at a good time clashes wise

13 minutes ago, flyingmonkeypigs said:

A friend and I spent most of 2010 ‘entertaining’ our campsite singing Ade Edmundson’s version of it, so already link the song with Glastonbury. Hope they’re on at a good time clashes wise

Probably my age/memory but I can't place Ade's version. And if you had told me in the 70s that I would be considering going to see Steeleye Span not once but twice I would have laughed in your face.