Avalon lineup 2019

billum

13 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

Do not miss Cut Capers, saw them in Avalon Cafe in '17 on the Thursday, they had the whole tent bouncing

If that doesn't get you nodding your head (at the very least) you may need medical assistance as I suspect you may dead.

I concur. Cut Capers are well worth a watch. They were ace in Avalon Cafe in 2017. Good times

Loving Avalon the more I listen to the artists. I now have a good base of Frank Turner, The Cat Empire, The Dead South, Steeleye Span, Morcheeba, Blue Aeroplanes, Cut Capers, Hobo Jones, Tankus The Henge, Ibibo Sound Machine, The Magic Numbers and Skinny Lister that I'd happily see from this line up. ruled a couple out for clashes already and a few more will likely go but I now have a happy list of bands thatll see me through the festival. I can look forward to future announcements with only the menace of clashes hanging over me now.

Just now, zeppelin said:

I think we can all agree that The Cat Empire would be best suited to an early evening set.... 

Please God I can't miss The Chems! 

To be honest I’ve just looked at the 2017 Avalon lineup.  Am I right in thinking that there doesn’t seem to be a particular order in terms of size?! 

So you could well be ok!

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

To be honest I’ve just looked at the 2017 Avalon lineup.  Am I right in thinking that there doesn’t seem to be a particular order in terms of size?! 

So you could well be ok!

Y'know what, you're not wrong! Apart from the Sunday it's all a bit bizarre. 

22 hours ago, Woffy said:

Depends if your superstitious or not. I made a conscious decision because of Stevie Wonder not to be superstitious.

Ha Woffy ?. I used to be a Bros fan. That documentary was absolutely amazing.

Talking about hilarity, I had @cb4747s Avalon playlist on yesterday (thanks cb btw- what a great way to introduce yourself to a few new bands), and discovered The Bar Steward Sons of Val Doonican. They’re hilarious! Everyone needs to check them out if they haven’t already  I was crying with laughter at The Lady in Gregs. Great festival band - will deffo be trying to see them 

Edited by Phoenix Girl

13 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Ha Woffy ?. I used to be a Bros fan. That documentary was absolutely amazing.

Talking about hilarity, I had @cb4747s Avalon playlist on yesterday (thanks cb btw- what a great way to introduce yourself to a few new bands), and discovered The Bar Steward Sons of Val Doonican. They’re hilarious! Everyone needs to check them out if they haven’t already  I was crying with laughter at The Lady in Gregs. Great festival band - will deffo be trying to see them 

They also have a unique approach to crowd surfing. Make sure you are inside the tent to experience that part. ???

Aww - loving the love for the Barstewards.  I've seen them a few times and I persuaded some friends to have our Christmas get together in the form of a weekend away in Preston (!) to see them.  Chatted with them afterwards and they are such lovely guys!   We're going to see them next month in Shrewsbury too!. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Bananarama at an 'Evening With' club venue gig the other night. Setlist leaned very heavy on the albums released since they became a 2 piece in the early 90s. Keren mentioned the summer tour is going to be more of the classic stuff, so I'm wondering if Siobhan will be present on the farm.