Avalon lineup 2019

billum

Had a great listen to some of the lesser known names (to me) on this poster last night and there are some hidden gems on there, not least the Bar-Stewards, Cut Capers and The Shires. I can see myself spending a lot of time at this fantastic stage. I still have great memories of sitting in the sun with a cold beer from the Avalon inn listening to Hobo jones and the like.  My only slight concern was I think I was expecting Mr Goldblum on here and no sign of him yet.giphy-4.gif.eecdede4853ed800896d4e145e72ee0d.gif

10 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Had a great listen to some of the lesser known names (to me) on this poster last night and there are some hidden gems on there, not least the Bar-Stewards, Cut Capers and The Shires. I can see myself spending a lot of time at this fantastic stage. I still have great memories of sitting in the sun with a cold beer from the Avalon inn listening to Hobo jones and the like.  My only slight concern was I think I was expecting Mr Goldblum on here and no sign of him yet.giphy-4.gif.eecdede4853ed800896d4e145e72ee0d.gif

Must be Acoustic.

40 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Must be Acoustic.

2 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Got a feeling he could do West Holts early doors to a huge crowd who get bored really easily when they realise it's just jazz.

Think i'd prefer a smaller stage like Acoustic as I think that would add to the novelty of seeing him rather than him being on a bigger stage 

Looking forward to Bananarama , a few pints in the Bimble and sing along will be excellent. Like Morcheeba , to be fair i will have to look into the other artists , but really love that area.

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Do I have to confess to listening to PopMaster when I can on Radio 2?? And Bob Harris Country, and...

Your profile name is "Avalon_Fields".  We'd be surprised if you didn't listen to Radio 2.  Nowt wrong with that, Avalon and Radio 2 clearly bring a lot of people a lot of happiness.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Do I have to confess to listening to PopMaster when I can on Radio 2?? And Bob Harris Country, and...

I hear your confession and no need to forgive you. Take comfort in knowing you are not alone.  Avalon is easily the tops on site, not just the music but the drink, banter and atmosphere!

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I hear your confession and no need to forgive you. Take comfort in knowing you are not alone.  Avalon is easily the tops on site, not just the music but the drink, banter and atmosphere ....

and some good places to take the weight off your feet with a nice cup of tea and some crumpets .... and ..... and .... shit we're old.

Edited by Fishman
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

Do not miss Cut Capers, saw them in Avalon Cafe in '17 on the Thursday, they had the whole tent bouncing

If that doesn't get you nodding your head (at the very least) you may need medical assistance as I suspect you may dead.

In the words of Glastonbury's resident DJ

"If this don't make your booty move, your booty must be dead"

35 minutes ago, FestivalNewbie7 said:

Have wanted to see Tankus the Henge since I discovered them last year. They'll put on a great show! 

They are great, seen them 3 times in 2016 as they played on the wednesday and then twice on the thursday and they put on a fantastic show. 2017 they played Shitv stage in Shangri La just before the fireworks show which was weird and then I seen them on the thursday in the sunshine whilst they played Avalon cafe. Think they were better in 2016 but I want to see them again as it's not Glastonbury for me unless I've seen them.

• Upvote 1