Avalon lineup 2019

billum

2 hours ago, matthall95 said:

Cat Empire being announced only to be added to the Saturday headliner clash nightmare is heartbreaking.

I've been saying to friends for ages that I'm desperate for them to play and their Bristol gig made me hope. And that I'd pretty much miss anyone for them, except The Chems. 

So when will they be playing...? ?

They're genuinely my favourite live act ever I think. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Only discovered the Burning Hell recently, but the lyrics really make me laugh and the music rocks too. Hopefully see them clashes permitting

Yes, fantastically entertaining band, really looking forward to them

4 hours ago, Quark said:

ISM will be bringing the goddamn party.  Been listening to their album a lot recently

Was so disappointed not to catch them at the 3 festivals I did last year.....love the first album. A sunny day would be just right for this lot. 

4 hours ago, billum said:

I know this is no time to talk about fallow years, as we're desperately trying to move on from one, but just imagine if just Avalon held a festival on the fallow years of Glasto! It would certainly ease the pain.

Yes but imagine trying to get a ticket. 

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Saw a tour poster of theirs with just the other two on it so I’d say Fahey’s out. There’s a new Shakespears Sister album coming out which probably explains that

Well she can come back next year and play at her brother's new stage in the Woods then...

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Shame we never got some of those.  Might be worth having another bash.  I'd really like to know the difference between Avalon and Avalon Cafe.

Quite a bit these days, I'd say. Maybe not in 2014 when they had the separate stage bit. Maybe 1k if the tables are moved further back? 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Saw a tour poster of theirs with just the other two on it so I’d say Fahey’s out. There’s a new Shakespears Sister album coming out which probably explains that.

Sunday. Although this begs the question; where will Jeff Goldblum play if not here?

Bit of jazz at The Park?

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I have 2 beans. I add 2 more beans. What does that make?

A bird that swallowed a plate?

6 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Cant. Get. Love. In. The. First. Degree. Out. Of. My. Head.

Where the hell did Nathan Jones get to all that time, btw?

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Shame we never got some of those.  Might be worth having another bash.  I'd really like to know the difference between Avalon and Avalon Cafe.

Yeah, this was a decent effort, Stu, that never quite got finished. 

9 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Cant. Get. Love. In. The. First. Degree. Out. Of. My. Head.

That's because it's an absolute banger. DJ played it in one of the bars at Beautiful Days last year, crowd went nuts.

By which I mean I went nuts 

• Like 1