Avalon lineup 2019

billum

3 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

How big is the Avalon tent? Already got anxiety over how many people are going to try and see Frank Turner. Met my missus at the first Lost Evenings and its her first Glastonbury, couldn't have asked for a better Friday headliner.

For FT I suspect it will be rammed. In my head it's similar size to JPT, but I may be miles off

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Waaaaaaaayyyy smaller.

Its saving grace is that when the sides are up the audience can spill out all over the field.

Sure, you can't see anything from out there, but you can hear fairly well and pick up the vibe a bit (and there's always a great vibe in that field anyway)

Frank Turner is going to be rammed isn't it. When he was just rumoured I wasn't fussed, love his music but have seen him about 10 times. But the idea of him headlining a small stage has got me really excited.

Hope the Friday info is true as Saturday headliner is clashtastic. Though also hoping Tame Impala aren't headlining the Other on Friday as I'd like to see them

30 minutes ago, Quark said:

Told you :D

I'm normally out of my tree so spatial awareness is all gone at that point :lol:

I can’t work out if you were out of your tree in JP and got paranoically claustrophobic for no reason, or out of your tree in the Avalon tent to make it take on Tardis like dimensions. Or both.

4 hours ago, billum said:

She has, she sang on their last extensive tour, but that was the first time in many years. Reckon it's in the balance whether she'll be there this time or not

Saw a tour poster of theirs with just the other two on it so I’d say Fahey’s out. There’s a new Shakespears Sister album coming out which probably explains that.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

It'll be their alternative legend/novelty slot I imagine. I think that's usually Saturday Afternoon?

Sunday. Although this begs the question; where will Jeff Goldblum play if not here?

30 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A few ciders then a good old knees up to skinny lister.  

And beans on toast!

Already seen Lister once this year, but a Sunday evening slot in Avalon could well be number 2!

29 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I can’t work out if you were out of your tree in JP and got paranoically claustrophobic for no reason, or out of your tree in the Avalon tent to make it take on Tardis like dimensions. Or both.

Neither can I. My world has turned upside down.