Avalon lineup 2019

billum

7 minutes ago, billum said:

I know this is no time to talk about fallow years, as we're desperately trying to move on from one, but just imagine if just Avalon held a festival on the fallow years of Glasto! It would certainly ease the pain.

It's probably my fav area of the whole festival if i'm truly honest. 

15 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

arrrrggghhhhh

Strong line-up

I  normally like a few bands a day so I can just explore. This year the bands are stacking up very high already, so does look like a year of running around (yea I know it will all go to shit)

Where will I find the time to make a spoon

I'm just taking the one I made in 2016.

They'll never know.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

May spend all weekend at Avalon (apart from when Bananarama are on, obvs) :D

Delighted with the lineup, I thought 2017 was quite weak compared to their usual standard, back on form.

I wonder if the people who spend their time at Silver Hayes look at this lineup with the same level of confusion as I do when I look at that poster.

Me too ?

38 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I went from elated to devastated. 

The news that both The Cat Empire and Ibibio are Saturday, when that night already has everyone! The Chems, Maribou State, Jungle, Hot Chip, Jon Hopkins. 

I swear clashes never normally come this early! 

Wait...Maribou State are on Saturday? Is the before Wu-tang on WH?

It's so hard to tell who the headliners are. I would think Frank, The Cat Empire and Morcheeba, but they're just my favourites :lol: However, if The Cat Empire are Saturday, more chance of Frank not being on Saturday (right?), which works for me. He's a favourite across the board in my crew

Bloody hell. What an awesome lineup. Drop that in a field anywhere in the summer months and I’m buying tickets.  

Also, The Cat Empire are my favourite band and it’s been 12 years since they last graced the farm so I’m delighted. 

(I’ve seen them every year since then but still, It’s special at Glastonbury) 

Their live show is incredible, please watch them but leave me room to dance.  

Another one here who is stoked at that announcement.  Frank, Barstewards, Lucy Spraggan, Bananarama, Burning Hell, all must sees I think.  And I went to see Steeleye Span last week as my husband wanted to see them and they were much better than I expected and I thought at the time that they would be good at a festival.  So I wouldn't mind seeing them again. 

And that's before I listen to any of the ones I don't already now!

Seems like it's going to be pretty crowded in Avalon!

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

https://www.facebook.com/FieldOfAvalon/posts/1816856418416110?comment_id=1817740651661020

Bar Steward Sons have confirmed their date and time as 12.30 on the Sunday afternoon in the comments on facebook.

That'll sort the sunday morning hangover right out :)