Main bars drinks selection

Barneym

19 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

They certainly do sell Real Ale there. I worked for Shelter for two  years and that was  the bar we were at for our first year. The best bar by far. 

I don’t drink ale but that particular bar seems to have a good selection of drinks. I go there fo the Guinness.

Got 4 crates of Mallets the other day, to enter the ticket competition, but I drink cider anyway so it was a win/win, especially if successful in the comp, please god!  It's not too disimilar to Strongbow, even the can looks like it a bit.  And it's made by Brothers, they've done well to get this contract rather than just have the one bar, which I believe is being replaced.  I do prefer Thatchers but after a couple of days at the festival the tastebuds are about gone so it doesn't really matter! 

3 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Got 4 crates of Mallets the other day, to enter the ticket competition, but I drink cider anyway so it was a win/win, especially if successful in the comp, please god!  It's not too disimilar to Strongbow, even the can looks like it a bit.  And it's made by Brothers, they've done well to get this contract rather than just have the one bar, which I believe is being replaced.  I do prefer Thatchers but after a couple of days at the festival the tastebuds are about gone so it doesn't really matter! 

They're replacing the Brothers Bar??

27 minutes ago, Phil200147 said:

Discovered it back in 08 and been back every year since. Its tremendous open late night. Just a small organic wine tent which sells hot cider and hot rum punch its fantastic.

Cheers, will try and find it!

I would be surprised if the Brothers bar vanishes.  Their Twitter account still posts vast amount of Glastonbury linked stuff, and they've made sure there's a clear difference in the branding of the two drinks.

Edited by Greenelk

9 hours ago, The Nal said:

Tuborg looks like and tastes like its been scooped out of the longdrops and mixed with purified white dog shit. Its amazing that its still a thing. 

Glasto HQ need to have a look at EOTR and let a decent craft beer company have a free run at a bar and see how it goes. 

Yes was thinking the same about EOTR. A good look a Green Man would also be a good shout. 

9 hours ago, Phil200147 said:

The hot rum from the tent on the track towards avalon ????

8 hours ago, Skelts said:

Tell me more, sounds like somewhere I need to check out?

It's the pennard organic wine stall on the walk towards Avalon. Always stop for something refreshing either hot or cold depending on the weather

4 hours ago, surfbunnyuk said:

What about if you usually drink wine, Prosecco... what would you suggest? ??‍♀️

There are wine places too with huge inflatable wine bottles on top. Sure there's one on west holts and another somewhere. Memory is flaky but they definitely also sell prosecco. They will sell you a bottle but obviously has to be decanted first and about 30 of your fine English pounds. Might be worth investing in some water bottles. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Phil200147 said:

Discovered it back in 08 and been back every year since. Its tremendous open late night. Just a small organic wine tent which sells hot cider and hot rum punch its fantastic.

My mate disappeared for a few hours in 2011 and reemerged with some delicious hot rum punch, it took us until 2015 to work out where it had come from.

9 hours ago, Barneym said:

Is there any back up to the Brothers Bar not being there? Whilst not a fan it’s still a Wednesday tradition to have a 7% pint by the time I should know better 

It was something I was told the other week, I've tweeted them to see if it was true but not had a reply yet. 

5 minutes ago, Havors said:

Tuborg is far from the worst choice for a 3-4% lager. It's not bad on draft from a pub... much better than its brewer's main lager... Carlsberg! Be grateful its not that sweet tasting piss water...

Uhh.

While I've not seen any confirmation of anything for this year, in 2017 it was Carlsberg and not Tuborg.

Neither are anywhere near acceptable.

41 minutes ago, incident said:

Uhh.

While I've not seen any confirmation of anything for this year, in 2017 it was Carlsberg and not Tuborg.

Neither are anywhere near acceptable.

And what would be?? Considering it has to be a 3-4% standard lager to cater to the masses.... 

21 minutes ago, Havors said:

And what would be?? Considering it has to be a 3-4% standard lager to cater to the masses.... 

I don't accept that it has to be 3-4%. But even if you accept that arbitrary limitation, then Amstel would be infinitely better than either Tuborg or Carlsberg, or if they still make it, Becks have/had a pretty decent 4% version. Even Coors Light or Carling would be better than Tuborg / Carlsberg - hell, the only beer in that part of the market that I actually think is worse is Bud.

But as I say, I don't accept that it needs to be 3-4%. A large chunk, possibly a majority, of the cans people are bringing in are around 5% and other festivals are able to have a 5% lager as the standard offering.