Hugh Jass

Silver Hayes 2019

Only differences I can see is they’ve changed Sub Focus b2b Wilkinson to Wilkinson b2b Sub Focus and have ‘Shy Fx’ rather than ‘Shy Fx presents Cul.ture’

Mostly formatting, but I see -

• Bunji has been added
  • Window Kid added to Cru Cast takeover
  • Hot Dub Time Machine removed
  • Moxie b2b Shanti Celeste now (hopefully we get a solo set from the latter...)
  • Trojan Sound -> Trojan Records - sure this will please some

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Updated lineup...

name corrections rather than additions.

glad to see i spotted all the bits people mentioned those above, plus a few more.

Just now, found home in 2009 said:

Just listened to Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard who sound pretty good to me, but confused why they are in Silver Hayes lineup as they sound like a rock band, rather than dance music.

Pussy Parlure has plenty of non-dance/electronic stuff. They wouldn’t really suit The Gully, so I’d reckon they’ll be in PP. 

Ben

4 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Just listened to Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard who sound pretty good to me, but confused why they are in Silver Hayes lineup as they sound like a rock band, rather than dance music.

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Pussy Parlure has plenty of non-dance/electronic stuff. They wouldn’t really suit The Gully, so I’d reckon they’ll be in PP. 

Ben

BBC Introducing.

Screenshot_20190417-143552_Chrome.jpg.afa93bd918a461434b176aedef1ee3a8.jpg

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

BBC Introducing.

Screenshot_20190417-143552_Chrome.jpg.afa93bd918a461434b176aedef1ee3a8.jpg

Forgot BBC introducing stage was in Silver Hayes. That explains it.

Am I right in thinking that BBC Introducing Sets are normally really short?

14 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

they're on BBC Introducing. The info for that was somewhere.

On 4/15/2019 at 10:46 AM, Keithy said:

Self Esteem would be great fun in Crows Nest or Rabbit Hole but I don't think there's historically been any cross over between BBC Intro acts and those stages? Perhaps William's Green in the afternoon?

The Rabbit Hole has shared acts with BBC introducing. Can’t quite remember who though. 🤔

I see no Fatboy on the SH poster, he's gonna play the 'new Arcadia' isn't he ? (amongst various other stages over the weekend) 

36 minutes ago, fuzzy_logic said:

I see no Fatboy on the SH poster, he's gonna play the 'new Arcadia' isn't he ? (amongst various other stages over the weekend) 

He did the JP in 2016. Apparently it was hammered. He'd running through the stages, so probably the new Arcadia, Glade & Crossaint Neuf Bandstand for 2019.

I've been to 2 Glasto's and so far I've managed to avoid accidentally wandering into one of his sets, here's hoping I can keep a clean sheet for 2019

1 hour ago, fuzzy_logic said:

Possibly gave him the bump to Other headline on Sunday following the sad news re Keith Flint. Would be a cheap yet viable alternative.

• Upvote 1

I've started working my way through the Silvey Hayes lineup. So far, I'm really liking BAD CHILD, who I'd never heard of before. Any one heard anything of him before?

I'm sure this will get slated....but somehow, the sound of his voice reminds me a little bit of Chris Cornell. Which I love. 

I know so little from the Silver Hayes lineup that I don't even know where to start! Can anyone more knowledgeable make some recommendations from the poster??? I really like Jon Hopkins, Four Tet, Ross from Friends (who I initially listened to purely for the name), Jamie XX, Fuckbuttons and Tourist - to give some insight in to my tastes when it comes to electronic/dancier music. Thanks for any  tips :)

Edited by lpycrdh

10 minutes ago, lpycrdh said:

I know so little from the Silver Hayes lineup that I don't even know where to start! Can anyone more knowledgeable make some recommendations from the poster??? I really like Jon Hopkins, Four Tet, Ross from Friends (who I initially listened to purely for the name), Jamie XX, Fuckbuttons and Tourist - to give some insight in to my tastes. Thanks for any  tips :)

Based on your taste in the doofdoof, I'm sure you're already familiar with Daniel Avery!

Craig Richards B2B Ben UFO could be up your alley too. 

The disclaimer for all those listed of course is that festival sets from these DJs could vary somewhat than what you'd usually hear in a club.

Edited by rubick

20 minutes ago, lpycrdh said:

I know so little from the Silver Hayes lineup that I don't even know where to start! Can anyone more knowledgeable make some recommendations from the poster??? I really like Jon Hopkins, Four Tet, Ross from Friends (who I initially listened to purely for the name), Jamie XX, Fuckbuttons and Tourist - to give some insight in to my tastes when it comes to electronic/dancier music. Thanks for any  tips :)

According to the Glasto website, Mall Grab is headlining Gully-Blues with Laurence Guy on the Thursday, if it’s a b2b then the set will probably be along the lines of your mentioned, if it isn’t it will still be worth checking out, I know I’ll be there (massive fanboy of Mall Grab) 

worth checking out their produced tracks as well 

28 minutes ago, lpycrdh said:

I'm afraid my knowledge these days is not good enough to give any recommendations. 

I just found it funny that your reason for listening to Ross from Friends was the reason I initially didn't! :)

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

I just found it funny that your reason for listening to Ross from Friends was the reason I initially didn't! 

More of a DJ Seinfeld fan?

16 hours ago, Kinkyinuit said:

More of a DJ Seinfeld fan?

"What if Jery get XONE mixer...?"

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 5:56 PM, Madyaker said:

I've been to 2 Glasto's and so far I've managed to avoid accidentally wandering into one of his sets, here's hoping I can keep a clean sheet for 2019

I've been to 8 and managed to avoid him every time! Not even particularly intentionally. So it can be done.