AOC at Glastonbury?

Keithy

21 minutes ago, Pipkins said:

As the ever reliable Wikipedia states: Generation Snowflake, or Snowflake Generation, is a neologistic term used to characterize Millennials andGeneration Z as being more prone to taking offence and having less psychological resilience than previousgenerations, or as being too emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge their own.

I stand by my statement, or have I triggered you...?

The same Wikipedia page opens with " Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person ".

Not keen on cherries.  Also not going to waste time defending things I already know and am happy with.  Not offended, just continually gobsmacked that people, esp the younger generation, fall for Corbyn's rhetoric.  They are clearly too young to remember the 70s.  The Lib Dems are the only major party calling for a 2nd referendum, standing up for students and defending the worker.  Or you can vote for the party of Diane Ab...

Ummm...

Edited by Pipkins
Spelling!
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Pipkins said:

AOC is without any shadow of a doubt one of the least politically knowledgeable politicians on the scene.  She is embarrassingly naïve and is perfect for the snowflake brigade who seem to fall for anything where they don't have to employ common sense or reason.

That’s not an argument. 

8 hours ago, The Nal said:

I think its about time we stopped placing any faith or hope in politicians. A weird bunch of people and a weird profession to take up. They'll inevitably let us down. Every single time. Shes no different. 

It’s not that, they’re just limited in what they can actually do. There are too many powerful entities pulling in different directions. They shouldn’t promise the world but sometimes it’s the only way to actually get elected. It’s just they have very little chance of actually enacting those promises.

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

Absolutely baffles belief how people can target AOC when the rupugs have some of the most mentally challenged morons representing them. 

Facts don’t matter anymore. You can always find a chamber that echoes back what you want it to, and serves to provide a sense of validity to points of view that have no basis in reality. It’s a bit scary when you think about it. 

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Facts don’t matter anymore. You can always find a chamber that echoes back what you want it to, and serves to provide a sense of validity to points of view that have no basis in reality. It’s a bit scary when you think about it. 

Spot on. I’ve seen people on Twitter who actually believe she wants to ban Air Travel. They don’t fact check, they just believe things they want to be true.

See also Brexit

2 hours ago, 1986 said:

What are the outlandish or "stupid" things that's she's supposed to have suggested or pushed for?

Pretty much most of this - https://www.npr.org/2019/02/07/691997301/rep-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-releases-green-new-deal-outline

2 hours ago, StLewi said:

Pay a living wage to all those unwilling to work. Completely phase out air travel within 10 years. 

She doesn't quite propose to phase out air travel but never the less, ideas are outlandish. Look at the impact the $15 minimum wage had on the restaurant industries in Seattle and New York (hint: hours and jobs were cut).

5 minutes ago, herzzreh said:

It's outlandish because it's not feasible fiscally nor socially. Extreme left policies are just as hurtful as extreme right policies.

"Let the planet die in pursuit of quarterly profits"

vs.

"Do something about it, even if its hard"

Truly, both sides are the same

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, FatAmmy said:

"Let the planet die in pursuit of quarterly profits"

vs.

"Do something about it, even if its hard"

Pay staff poverty wages so that our shareholders can reap the dividends and CEOs are rewarded with multimillion dollar bonuses

Vs

Pay staff a living wage so that the state doesn't have to subsidise their income and they can live debt free

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, herzzreh said:

It's outlandish because it's not feasible fiscally nor socially. Extreme left policies are just as hurtful as extreme right policies.

It genuinely scares me that idea of saving the planet can be dismissed as unfeasible. There’s a calibration error here.

32 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

These edgelord fucks talking shite on a festival forum. Sheesh.

Loada bollix isn't it. Becoming less a retreat in here from the usual shit ye deal with on a daily basis. Fucking sick of it truth be told. 

4 hours ago, Pipkins said:

As the ever reliable Wikipedia states: Generation Snowflake, or Snowflake Generation, is a neologistic term used to characterize Millennials andGeneration Z as being more prone to taking offence and having less psychological resilience than previousgenerations, or as being too emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge their own.

I stand by my statement, or have I triggered you...?

I think we've found our resident /r/the_donald user

13 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Loada bollix isn't it. Becoming less a retreat in here from the usual shit ye deal with on a daily basis. Fucking sick of it truth be told. 

It’s happened before. We had private invite only forums.