Chances of gerry cinnomen being on the line up?!

Loz486

22 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I do find it odd that folks on here tend to attack certain genres of music and then the people who like it.

Where does this snobbery / perceived hierarchy come from?

22 hours ago, EamerRed said:

Glad it's not just me who notices. A very friendly, welcoming liberal forum this from 90% of the people here. But the other 10%, they're the same... but only as long as you like the 'right' type of music.

Not sure that any of the acts I think you're referring to have taken quite the roasting on here that the announcement of Janet Jackson did.

But I suspect it's down to a couple of things: Britpop throwbacks making the most reactionary music around at the minute, usually while claiming that it's 'real or 'proper' music.  And specifically in the context of Glastonbury - and this forum - there's a lasting folk memory of the Wellend Grand Poobah Noel Gallagher declaring what type of music should and shouldn't be played at Glastonbury. And, more recently than that, Neil Lonsdale whipping up death threats against Emily Eavis as he didnt want Kanye to headline.  It just feels like a concerted effort to homogenise things in favour of a demographic that are already in the centre.

None of that is specifically Gerry Cinnamon' s fault, mind.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not sure that any of the acts I think you're referring to have taken quite the roasting on here that the announcement of Janet Jackson did.

But I suspect it's down to a couple of things: Britpop throwbacks making the most reactionary music around at the minute, usually while claiming that it's 'real or 'proper' music.  And specifically in the context of Glastonbury - and this forum - there's a lasting folk memory of the Wellend Grand Poobah Noel Gallagher declaring what type of music should and shouldn't be played at Glastonbury. And, more recently than that, Neil Lonsdale whipping up death threats against Emily Eavis as he didnt want Kanye to headline.  It just feels like a concerted effort to homogenise things in favour of a demographic that are already in the centre.

None of that is specifically Gerry Cinnamon' s fault, mind.

I just wish everyone could get along... peace, love & unity etc. :)

Taste in music is such an individual thing. It has the power to be thought provoking, emotional and to bring people together.

I guess all i'm trying to say is I don't think people should be made to feel less adequate based on the genre of music they like.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

I just wish everyone could get along... peace, love & unity etc. :)

Taste in music is such an individual thing. It has the power to be thought provoking, emotional and to bring people together.

I guess all i'm trying to say is I don't think people should be made to feel less adequate based on the genre of music they like.

Very true. There are so many other things in my life that make me less adequate, I'd appreciate it if music could be left out of it :D

I dunno.  The argument against that is all art is, by its nature, political and by pushing its boundaries it can help effect real progressive change in society.  So perhaps fundamentally conservative music is a reflection of a society that's not in a particularlu healthy state.  There were folk on here a couple of weeks back banging on about the line-up poster being an example of political correctness gone mad cos it had too many women on it.

He’s subbing Stormzy on the Friday of TRNSMT, and I bet a fair chunk of people won’t stay to see the headliner. He easily could headline that fest on his next album. Lullaby is an absolute banger.

If he appears on the farm, it’ll probably be in the same slot Liam/ Kaiser Chiefs played in 2017, 5th/6th Down Other.

8 hours ago, Simpo said:

Cheers, too small for Gerry this year I reckon.

It might all be downhill for him from here and he might never be as big as he is now and plenty have missed out on tickets to see him this year and last. Maybe he does 2 sets over the weekend, that would be nice.

Edited by chrislfc