Chances of gerry cinnomen being on the line up?!

Loz486

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

You know I was just saying to Her Indoors the other day that if Marr, Rourke, and Joyce reformed The Smiths with a new singer I'd be well up for it. Bonus points if they donate a chunk of the inevitable millions to a refugee charity or summat.

I was thinking that Neil Hannon could maybe do it, but memory is a tricky mistress and it transpires that he's also an enormous Wellend:

neil-hannon-de-the-divine-comedy-l-irlan

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Really can’t stand his stuff. The Cinnamons on the other hand, really wanted them to take off back in the day.

I'm not too keen on him either but really liked The Cinnamons too and I didn't realise he was in them until recently (despite Sometimes being one of their old songs and his surname obviously). I think he'll probably end up re-recording a few off their other songs in the future (The Business seems like a  likely choice). 

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Mid afternoon Other to a massive crowd I reckon. 

That's still a pretty big slot, has he really taken off that well down south? I know Sometimes got some play on Radio One but I don't think there's been much beyond that. I was thinking more John Peel or maybe even the Acoustic Stage/Avalon. 

1 hour ago, addicted2noise said:

I'm not too keen on him either but really liked The Cinnamons too and I didn't realise he was in them until recently (despite Sometimes being one of their old songs and his surname obviously). I think he'll probably end up re-recording a few off their other songs in the future (The Business seems like a  likely choice). 

I was a fan of Analog Man...I think it was called.

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Sounds a bit more Avalon to me. I thought people were joking when they first as started raving about him. Anyone got any song links to change my mind?

I have only heard a few of his songs but a friend of mine loves his music. I will be surprised if he isn't on this year but he isn't someone I will actively seek out. 

Must be doing something right though as this has nearly 3 million views on YouTube:

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Sounds a bit more Avalon to me. I thought people were joking when they first as started raving about him. Anyone got any song links to change my mind?

One of those artists that somehow breaks through but you wouldn't be surprised to otherwise hear at Avalon Cafe. Too big for Avalon now, plays to packed Academies and draws them on as an arena support act.

I’d be surprised if he’s not on the line up.

Reckon Other in front of a big crowd. Young team love him. 

I liked Diamonds in the mud when he played at Kendal last year. His laughing between songs gets annoying.

He’ll be wearing a bunnet so hair style won’t be a factor ? 

11 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I have only heard a few of his songs but a friend of mine loves his music. I will be surprised if he isn't on this year but he isn't someone I will actively seek out. 

Must be doing something right though as this has nearly 3 million views on YouTube:

Well I believe that people like him now.

• Upvote 1

I have seen Gerry twice , the last time was at Birmingham a couple of weeks ago , the atmosphere is unreal , i personally think his album is brilliant , he really knows how to get the crowd going , the only thing I don’t like is when the crowd start singing “ here we f**king ago “ but besides that he is defiantly worth seeing 

Edited by PetePie

1 minute ago, PetePie said:

I have seen Gerry twice , the last time was at Birmingham a couple of weeks ago , the atmosphere is unreal , i personally think his album is brilliant , he really knows how to get the crowd going , the only thing I don’t like is when the crowd start singing “ here we f**king ago “ but besides that he is defiantly worth seeing 

Is someone saying you shouldn't? ?