Efesters puppy or not?

Keithy

Efesters puppy or not?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Should Fatyeti let HMV adopt an adorable Jack Russell puppy

5 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

In that case go for it, big fat yes.

Only reason I ask is that since we rescued our cats 8 years ago my wife has had emails all the time from the rescue centre about people who have "returned" their rescues because they either had no experience in looking after them or simply changed their minds. Makes my blood boil. So, apologies for asking.

I totally understood why you were asking, I follow several rescue charities and it really boils my piss that people treat dogs like they are a toy. Something to return when they act up. We went through a horrible month after adopting Ralph in October but wouldn't be without him. They don't arrive perfectly trained. It takes work but its so amazing to see them grow into sociable loving dogs. ❤️

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

What monster would vote no?

I voted no because I think big dogs are better than little dogs- less yappy, but just as cute and with a nicer temperament. So no to a Jack Russell but yes to a Labrador or some such beast. German Shepards are quite particular as adults, but they make for the cutest puppies of all!:

pupporch-9.jpg

Edited by Mr.Tease
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

I voted no because I think big dogs are better than little dogs- less yappy, but just as cute. So no to a Jack Russell but yes to a Labrador or some such beast. German Shepards are quite particular as adults, but they make for the cutest puppies of all!:

pupporch-9.jpg

We already have a medium sized pooch (Mitzy) and a growing by the day big dog (Ralph) so I was after a little one to complete the family. No room left on the fecking bed for another big one. See pics above. :D 

The one on the left does not look too keen at the idea!

Mitzy is the most loving dog in the world, anyone that meets her wants a dog like her. She is so gentle I have seen her playing with spiders. She just loves to be cuddled and would be brilliant with a puppy. She's put up with Ralph ragging her. Even though he's big he was only 9 months in that picture. He's just over one now and still growing. My little Chubba. 

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

We already have a medium sized pooch (Mitzy) and a growing by the day big dog (Ralph) so I was after a little one to complete the family. No room left on the fecking bed for another big one. See pics above. :D 

Ha! They do look lovely dogs

I used to work in an RSPCA animal home, and looking after the dogs was one of my favourite jobs I've ever had.

Your post has made me wonder though- if you're adding to a dog collection is it easier to start small and go up (size wise) or start with big dogs and add smaller ones? Is it easier to integrate a small dog with two bigger ones or a big one with two smaller ones? Dog politics!

Ha! They do look lovely dogs

I used to work in an RSPCA animal home, and looking after the dogs was one of my favourite jobs I've ever had.

Your post has made me wonder though- if you're adding to a dog collection is it easier to start small and go up (size wise) or start with big dogs and add smaller ones? Is it easier to integrate a small dog with two bigger ones or a big one with two smaller ones? Dog politics!

I don't think dogs really give a shit about size, that's a human thing. As in how little dogs tend to be allowed to be yappy and picked up. We lost our lurcher last year, hence why we adopted Ralph cos the little one was so lonely by herself. But I used to walk Tipp the lurcher with toy yorkshire terriers with no problems because I knew a sensible owner. 

Guidance would be don't get two bitches together. Mitzy is a girl so we adopted a boy this time cos the Tipp thelurcher (also a bitch) used to murder the little one, took over 6 months to get to an easy alliance. Truth be told when we went to the rescue we didn't have a particular dog in mind, we just wanted the little lonely one to be happy again so she chose him not us. And they just love each other and batter each other all day long. Lol

I only really like animals that are on the telly. 

With David Attenborough telling me about them. 

That said, I think the naming of this pup is the important issue, because - let’s face it - OF COURSE HMV is gonna get this doggo! 

A distant relative used to have a Jack Russell/German Shepherd cross. Big body little legs, massive head,  used to fall over on corners a lot.

The question of course had to be asked and apparently (and probably thankfully), the Jack Russell was the father. You have to admire the chutzpah of the little fella. I always liked to think he took a run up.

19 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

A distant relative used to have a Jack Russell/German Shepherd cross. Big body little legs, massive head,  used to fall over on corners a lot.

The question of course had to be asked and apparently (and probably thankfully), the Jack Russell was the father. You have to admire the chutzpah of the little fella. I always liked to think he took a run up.

Your missus is German, this story is analogous and I claim my £10. 

They're married, of course they will argue, that's marriage I'm afraid. The puppy is purely food/an excuse for them to disagree about something, which keeps everything alive,

.. must admit I always piss myself laughing when HMV slags off her 'toss pot' husband when he goes to bed early without resolving a dispute

3 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

They're married, of course they will argue, that's marriage I'm afraid. The puppy is purely food/an excuse for them to disagree about something, which keeps everything alive,

.. must admit I always piss myself laughing when HMV slags off her 'toss pot' husband when he goes to bed early without resolving a dispute

Not looking good for @fatyeti24 not when @H.M.V has *checks poll* 75% of the country on her side.

5 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Not looking good for @fatyeti24 not when @H.M.V has *checks poll* 75% of the country on her side.

Love the way you extrapolated the views of 50 people to the views of the entire country of 60 million. You should work in politics...

.... Or toothpaste....

....Or cat food

Edited by dingbat2

2 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Love the way you extrapolated the views of 50 people to the views of the entire country of 60 million. You should work in politics...

.... Or toothpaste....

....Or cat food

Yeah, but Keithy wasn't really using the actual population of the country as a reference, only the representatives of the country on this forum.