The Chemical Brothers 2019

FloorFiller

Today I should have been seeing the Chems and Hot Chip  at APE with the largest group of friends we have taken to a gig/festival in years... instead I’ve been in the hospital with my step-son.

As soon as he is better i’ll be writing to Emily to suggest she reconsiders her Saturday scheduling ?.

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Makes you wonder if Pyramid and Other are going to step up the video aspects. Things have moved on quite a bit in the last couple of years. It's not just the likes of Coachella that have more elaborate screens than Glastonbury these days.

Glastonbury has always lagged behind with that kind of stuff, so I'm not expecting anything different.

2 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Glastonbury has always lagged behind with that kind of stuff, so I'm not expecting anything different.

Whilst it might move more slowly, it still moves. Signs are good that The Park has some AV this year and the Pyramid screens have grown and become more hi-res over the years. I wouldn't be surprised to see some improvements, even if they're modest.

Shame the speakers front left of stage blew on the first song. Didn't really notice until we went further back for the last bit after a mate needed a piss and it was booming back there!

Really enjoyed the unforecast rain... along with 99% of the crowd who took no coat.

Think it was a good pointer, too, that it lashed it down for 45 minutes yet the ground was affected despite the thousands of people walking on it.

2 hours ago, briddj said:

Shame the speakers front left of stage blew on the first song. Didn't really notice until we went further back for the last bit after a mate needed a piss and it was booming back there!

Really enjoyed the unforecast rain... along with 99% of the crowd who took no coat.

Think it was a good pointer, too, that it lashed it down for 45 minutes yet the ground was affected despite the thousands of people walking on it.

Out of interest, when you say front left do you mean left as you were looking at the stage?

Yeah the rain was a shocker wasn’t it.

3 hours ago, briddj said:

I meant WASN'T affected here. Big difference....

• 2 weeks later...

I think I’ve decided that my 4-way Saturday clash is coming down in favour of The Chems. Was wavering towards HC, but No Geography is a brilliant album and I really want to hear some of it live.

However, want to get relatively close to the front but can’t stomach watching any of The Courteeners. What are my chances of getting in to a good position after they’ve finished? I’m hoping for a large section of the crowd going off to watching The Killers...

How big was their crowd in 2015?

2 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

I think I’ve decided that my 4-way Saturday clash is coming down in favour of The Chems. Was wavering towards HC, but No Geography is a brilliant album and I really want to hear some of it live.

However, want to get relatively close to the front but can’t stomach watching any of The Courteeners. What are my chances of getting in to a good position after they’ve finished? I’m hoping for a large section of the crowd going off to watching The Killers...

How big was their crowd in 2015?

I think it will be pretty easy to slip in near the front, think the courteerners fans will be more likely at the killers

49 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

I think this is the case too....

Though I really don't think you need to be TOO near the front for Chems.

On 5/25/2019 at 7:03 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Makes you wonder if Pyramid and Other are going to step up the video aspects. Things have moved on quite a bit in the last couple of years. It's not just the likes of Coachella that have more elaborate screens than Glastonbury these days.

With Chems and Tame Impala both headlining Other, it'd be a good year to get those visuals upgraded...