The Chemical Brothers 2019

FloorFiller

34 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Proper decision to make now. 

Think I’m edging towards JH as I’ve seen Hot Chip loads of times. 

Hot Chip. Always Hot Chip.

But it's also like a live playoff for my Saturday night at Glasto!

Edited by briddj

16 minutes ago, briddj said:

Hot Chip. Always Hot Chip.

But it's also like a live playoff for my Saturday night at Glasto!

It’s usually my thinking, always a party with Hot Chip, but I’ve wanted to see JH for ages.

We’ll see what happens next Friday, all rational thinking will be out of the window by then anyway. 

I’ll let the beer guide me. 

Just now, nikkic said:

It’s usually my thinking, always a party with Hot Chip, but I’ve wanted to see JH for ages.

We’ll see what happens next Friday, all rational thinking will be out of the window by then anyway. 

I’ll let the beer guide me. 

Don't think I've ever seen Hot Chip in daylight, curveball. 

11 hours ago, briddj said:

Don't think I've ever seen Hot Chip in daylight, curveball. 

Yes this is true. It’s a while since I’ve been to a festival at Viccy Park as well, I can’t really remember the set up but probably won’t be able to see a thing anyway.

What are you planning on seeing early doors? Ibibio Sound?

13 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Yes this is true. It’s a while since I’ve been to a festival at Viccy Park as well, I can’t really remember the set up but probably won’t be able to see a thing anyway.

Set up was great last year. Plenty of bars and good food. 

Main stage is fairly “normal”. Kind of like The Other stage. 

Early on in the day is looking fairly light so need to do a little research on some of the acts. 

57 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Don't think we'll be in that early unfortunately. Mate working until just after lunchtime.

15 hours ago, nikkic said:

Proper decision to make now. 

Think I’m edging towards JH as I’ve seen Hot Chip loads of times. 

Can’t you do a bit of both? 30 mins of hot chip then get the full set of JH in? I doubt JH will be so crowded that you won’t get an ok spot ?

For APE do people think seeing a full set of JH will preclude our group from getting a reasonable spot for Chems? Not too fussed about being at the front but don’t want to be so far back that the atmosphere sucks.

thinking may have to leave JH a bit early

1 hour ago, mpdow2 said:

For APE do people think seeing a full set of JH will preclude our group from getting a reasonable spot for Chems? Not too fussed about being at the front but don’t want to be so far back that the atmosphere sucks.

thinking may have to leave JH a bit early

I went for the LCD Soundsystem show they did last year, which if memory serves was sold out (or very close to sold out)

The field is massive, crowd didn't feel very dense at all, would be very straightforward to get a central spot about a third of the way back. We had been in the dance tent for Dixon up until maybe 10-15 minutes before LCD came on, went straight to the front left position and were able to work our way centrally over the course of a few songs

Hope you have a wicked time, wanted to go myself but I'm off to Julian and the lads the following day!

• Upvote 1

On 5/19/2019 at 11:25 AM, mpdow2 said:

Can’t you do a bit of both? 30 mins of hot chip then get the full set of JH in? I doubt JH will be so crowded that you won’t get an ok spot ?

It'll be one or the other. 

I'm never one for doing parts of gigs. No way I'd leave HC after 30 minutes, will be popping off by that point!

I'm gonna have to decide on the day because I really want to see Jon but the rest of my group will all stay for Hot Chip. I'd get nervous and have to leave Jon early to make sure I got a pint and spot for The Chems as well. 

I'll definitely start at HC, and hopefully it's so good I won't want to leave. I just can't see it being a WH2015 moment though ?

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

It'll be one or the other. 

I'm never one for doing parts of gigs. No way I'd leave HC after 30 minutes, will be popping off by that point!

understood. HC does finish before JH so you could still do full HC then get to JH though still a part gig but not one you are leaving half way through. 

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

I'm gonna have to decide on the day because I really want to see Jon but the rest of my group will all stay for Hot Chip. I'd get nervous and have to leave Jon early to make sure I got a pint and spot for The Chems as well. 

I'll definitely start at HC, and hopefully it's so good I won't want to leave. I just can't see it being a WH2015 moment though ?

Haha. Similar predicaments my friend. 

28 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

understood. HC does finish before JH so you could still do full HC then get to JH though still a part gig but not one you are leaving half way through. 

This will probably be what we do. 

Watch all of Hot Chip then catch the last 30 mins of JH. 

Will mean we then have 15 minutes to get a good spot before Chems. 

44 minutes ago, nikkic said:

This will probably be what we do. 

Watch all of Hot Chip then catch the last 30 mins of JH. 

Will mean we then have 15 minutes to get a good spot before Chems. 

I went to two of these last year and when I tried to do Similar for the National (after war on drugs) it was impossible to get a good spot. I would suggest you don’t even try to see any of JH. LCD seemed far less busy than the National but I did watch the yeah yeah yeahs straight before so think I was already in a good spot. 

1 hour ago, Barneym said:

I went to two of these last year and when I tried to do Similar for the National (after war on drugs) it was impossible to get a good spot. I would suggest you don’t even try to see any of JH. LCD seemed far less busy than the National but I did watch the yeah yeah yeahs straight before so think I was already in a good spot. 

Difference is people don't tend to be *as desperate* to be close to the front for an act live Chems vs. a band like The National.

4 hours ago, zeppelin said:

I’m in exactly the same boat! EFests meet at Jopkins?