The Chemical Brothers 2019

FloorFiller

16 minutes ago, Homer said:

Oh right - I must have just assumed they had by now! I only actually watched Bo Ningen last time there, I believe, so I’ll bow to your better.

What we saying, there are screens at the park stage this year? That's pretty big news, how did I miss that?

12 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ha I thought someone might say that given the rapturous reception it's getting on here :)

And more logically...

You've (we've!) seen HC very recently at a decent venue with a top soundsystem and you've not seen The Chems for a good number of years. Decision made for you. ?

7 minutes ago, Fishman said:

And more logically...

You've (we've!) seen HC very recently at a decent venue with a top soundsystem and you've not seen The Chems for a good number of years. Decision made for you. ?

Hard to argue with that. I don't really think HC on the Park is going to top their West Holts show or the Village Underground if I'm honest. Bought the album and going to have a listen today...

15 hours ago, mpdow2 said:

think they are likely to cut out a few for a festival set. More likely to be this but still great

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-chemical-brothers/2019/explanada-estadio-akron-zapopan-mexico-7b90ce84.html

Cracking set list, although I'm hoping that We've Got to Try and Do it Again make an appearance at Glasto!

4 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Hard to argue with that. I don't really think HC on the Park is going to top their West Holts show or the Village Underground if I'm honest. Bought the album and going to have a listen today...

This is my issue. I may just sack them both and watch Wu Tang.

23 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

That’s not the attitude eastynh ?, you deffo said you’d be at HC

You are right I did. If there is an efests meet up at Hot Chip then I am in. None of my crew will want to watch Hot Chip. I have just seen them in Manchester, will see them at Bluedot, later on this year in Manchester and then in Amsterdam this December. Just seems a bit mad watching them on my own at Glasto when my mates are having fun elsewhere.

Lets be honest though, when push comes to shove, I will be drawn to Hot Chip.

14 hours ago, Homer said:

You prob won’t get anywhere near it. Park stage is hard to see at the best of times 

5 minute sprint? I'm greedy I want to see both. 

Praying Chems get a long set so they start 45 min to 1 hour before Hot Chip.

So I gave the album a listen this morning and it is pretty damn good. I still think the singles are the best tracks overall, but I reckon the rest are growers and could definitely imagine it all sounding great in that field. Sorely tempted. I might wait until the full timings etc come out so I can make decisions based on where I am likely to be on the day. And then change that decision on the actual night! Do think this will be a helluva show though. 

So I'm just watching half an hour of highlights from the 2011 set on YouTube and my God! I think I'm actually more excited about the Glastonbury set than APE or the tour. There's just something special about them in that field! 

• Upvote 1

On 5/16/2019 at 9:30 PM, zeppelin said:

So I'm just watching half an hour of highlights from the 2011 set on YouTube and my God! I think I'm actually more excited about the Glastonbury set than APE or the tour. There's just something special about them in that field! 

Same  - Chems are the one I am not prepared to miss, whatever else I may get up to over the five days