The Chemical Brothers 2019

FloorFiller

I'm a fairly casual Chems fan but played the new album in full for the first time last week - I must have listened to it at least 10 times since. So many bangers and now I'm definitely going to be at the Other stage on Sat night. 

Can anyone recommend another of their albums I should listen to in full? 

2 minutes ago, DwideShrude14 said:

I'm a fairly casual Chems fan but played the new album in full for the first time last week - I must have listened to it at least 10 times since. So many bangers and now I'm definitely going to be at the Other stage on Sat night. 

Hard to pick really.  If you have time to listen to the latest ten times, then I'd have a go at all of them, seriously.  Fairly consistent act.

5 minutes ago, DwideShrude14 said:

I really like Further and it was put together in a vaguely similar way to this one (a minimum of special guests). It's also got their second and third best songs on (Swoon then Another World - Star Guitar being number one).

17 minutes ago, DwideShrude14 said:

Exit planet dust and Surrender

8 minutes ago, Homer said:

It's also got their second and third best songs on (Swoon then Another World - Star Guitar being number one).

Well that's just categorically wrong but I appreciate the love for Further. 

Chemical Beats, Block Rockin', Elektrobank are all better than Another World (which is a great track). 

Personally I've got a massive love for Hold Tight London as well, but that's just me. And Denmark is underrated; could be a huge party tune. 

14 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Well that's just categorically wrong but I appreciate the love for Further. 

Chemical Beats, Block Rockin', Elektrobank are all better than Another World (which is a great track). 

Personally I've got a massive love for Hold Tight London as well, but that's just me. And Denmark is underrated; could be a huge party tune. 

I guess I just can't resist the big whoozy euporic ones over the bangers! Must come from my misspent youth, being at uni during 'The Year of Trance'.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Hard to pick really.  If you have time to listen to the latest ten times, then I'd have a go at all of them, seriously.  Fairly consistent act.

This post has inspired me to go back through the entire discography.  Starting back at the start, Alive Alone currently banging away

Surface to Air has been getting some serious usage in my ears recently after serendipitously hearing it under agreeable circumstances a while back.  I like the tunes that take their time.  Hear also: Sunshine Underground.

From the new album, Got to Keep On and The Universe Sent Me are current faves.

*Opinion subject to change every five minutes.