The Chemical Brothers 2019

FloorFiller

Toughie!

The fact that I have Tame Impala pencilled in for the Friday means that Hot Chip might win out on Sat - would prefer not to have 2 nights at Other headliners.

...which might mean I have another look at APE, cos this feel like a show I should see.

3 hours ago, joeruss said:

New album sounds like their earlier stuff which is great. They're one of the only 'Must Sees' for me this year... We've Got To Try will sound superb when Gillespied on the Saturday night

I believe they dug out some of their old kit for it so makes sense that it might sound like old stuff.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

6 hours ago, nikkic said:

Having seen them smash the sweet hell out of The Other stage 3 times already, I feel I’m well placed to advise all of you to go and see them “Do It Again”.

They have a back catalogue that could fill a headline slot 4 times over, re-edits and mixing that makes you want to weep tears of joy, visuals that surpass anything else you are likely to see at any other gig at any other time of your life and the ability to build an atmosphere like no other. 

Yesterday I honestly thought I would be heading to The Park to watch Hot Chip, as I wanted to watch my first Park headliner, but hearing No Geography today has spun that full circle.

There is a reason I have seen these boys so many times before.

Put simply, it will be the set of the weekend.

Hands down. 

I echo these sentiments wholeheartedly and applaud your ability to get it down in words.

ive seen two of the three you mentioned (both the Sunday’s on other, but not the Saturday). 

I would have been keen for any of Killers, Wu, Hot Chip but can’t see me missing Chems , especially on a Saturday night 

2011 was just the absolute tits.  Possibly one of my all time favorite sets - stuff like Horse Power which just sounds 'ok' on the album was off the chain live.   God roll on Saturday evening.. I can't wait to be in the middle of a crowd like this again:  

Edited by tumbles

8 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

In both 2011 and 2015 it was really good, but like any big crowd at Glastonbury, there will be pockets of party, and pockets of pity....choose the right pocket and you'll be right as rain.

That's why LCD in 2016 was so good. It wasn't a big crowd and was one massive party.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Maybe give it another clip. It’s better than you remember. Proper headphones record.

I've listened to it a bit, and some of the songs have grown on me (like Wide Open). But there's nothing really that gives me the feels like the old stuff and MAH or Got To Keep On did immediately.

Edit: but I'll try it on decent cans, normally have it on speakers.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

18 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Thinking of getting and APE ticket for Chems day. How similar do people think the sets will be a month apart? I’m guessing when you have that much visual you prob stick with similar sets to justify the effort in putting the show together?

It'll be nearly identical I'd imagine. 

have a quick look there and you'll see they tend to stick to same order.

https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=the+chemical+brothers

Saw Chemical Brothers in 15 and was probably my favourite Glastonbury set that I've seen. Had so much fun. Incredible music, incredible visuals and even though I was a fair distance back, was great atmosphere. First time I've really felt gutted about not going this year line up wise!

I work in a creative environment with an open office plan and a communal spotify playlist. I put on the new album today and it did not go well. It lead to my very straight edged religious coworker asking me if people usually piss themselves when they take drugs and me taking the question too seriously and telling him it's actually harder to pee in general on certain drugs. My office is a pretty even split of drug do-ers though so i'm lucky. 

Anyways, loving the album. 

10 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Dig

Echoes

Exit

Surrender

*Geography

Further

Push

Come

Night

*maybe higher time will tell

On first few listens, No Geography makes the top 4. 

Dig your own Hole

Exit Planet Dust

Surrender

No Geography

Push the Button

Born in the Echoes

Further

Come with us

We are the Night

This is probably the first Chems album I've listened to this century. Was a big fan in 94/95, but haven't kept up with them at all. Maybe the last album I heard was 'Surrender'. Think I saw a bit of their set in 2007 (?). Anyway, listened to this album last night, after all the hype on here, and a couple of other places. Yeah, it's alright. Pretty much the same as I remember them, I quite enjoyed it, but I got to be honest, didn't grab me by the balls and spin me around the room. Liked the first track and the title track, but got no desire to go back and fill in the 5 or so albums in between the first few and this one. Thre's no progression there really, is there? Or am I missing something?

12 minutes ago, Mardy said:

This is probably the first Chems album I've listened to this century. Was a big fan in 94/95, but haven't kept up with them at all. Maybe the last album I heard was 'Surrender'. Think I saw a bit of their set in 2007 (?). Anyway, listened to this album last night, after all the hype on here, and a couple of other places. Yeah, it's alright. Pretty much the same as I remember them, I quite enjoyed it, but I got to be honest, didn't grab me by the balls and spin me around the room. Liked the first track and the title track, but got no desire to go back and fill in the 5 or so albums in between the first few and this one. Thre's no progression there really, is there? Or am I missing something?

That is exactly how I was feeling about it but couldn’t put it quite as eloquently as that. Same old Chems, couple of bangers on it but won’t be revisiting it too much. Know most of the tracks will sound absolutely belting live though. 

Edited by HeyPorter