The Chemical Brothers 2019

FloorFiller

Not sure if there’s already a thread for them but if not I think they deserve one.

New album out today and it’s very good. Much prefer it to their last one personally and there are some songs on their that’ll sound killer live.

Confirmed to be playing the Saturday night now which is obviously much better for people wanting to get suitably Gillespied.

Bit of a fucker that they’re seemingly clashing with Hot Chip now so gonna have to play this one by ear on the night. Absolute travesty that two of the biggest parties of the weekend will be on at the same time, but there you go.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Playing the new album now. I'm enjoying what I'm hearing.

What's an average Chems crowd like at Glastonbury?

In both 2011 and 2015 it was really good, but like any big crowd at Glastonbury, there will be pockets of party, and pockets of pity....choose the right pocket and you'll be right as rain.

I had planned to see Wu-Tang on Sat night but the news of Chems being Sat as well has thrown a bit of doubt into my mind. I've seen Chems once, at the Roundhouse a good few years back for Apple Music Festival and it banged so hard. Got the new record on now and it's a very tasty offering.

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

In both 2011 and 2015 it was really good, but like any big crowd at Glastonbury, there will be pockets of party, and pockets of pity....choose the right pocket and you'll be right as rain.

this clas has pissed me off totally, Love Hot chip never seen them live

love the Chemicals , never seen them at Glastonbury 2011 I was ill lay in my tent dying. 2015 they played Sunday and I had to leave site Sunday night.

I feel like writing the Eavis's a strongly worded email 

New album is a real return to form in my opinion. Have seen them countless times over the last 20 years. Brilliant every time. Glasto 2011 was excellent and I think the live act has improved since then. 

Especially enjoy the (not so recent) addition of New Order - Temptation into Star Guitar. 

They were great a Blue dot last year and I have tickets for the tour later in the year but won't miss them at the farm

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Not sure if there’s already a thread for them but if not I think they deserve one.

New album out today and it’s very good. Much prefer it to their last one personally and there are some songs on their that’ll sound killer live.

Confirmed to be playing the Saturday night now which is obviously much better for people wanting to get suitably Gillespied.

Bit of a fucker that they’re seemingly clashing with Hot Chip now so gonna have to play this one by ear on the night. Absolute travesty that two of the biggest parties of the weekend will be on at the same time, but there you go.

Just been listening to the new album on my lunch break and its a banger, I saw them last year and found it a bit of a mixed bag but this album gives me high hopes for their Glasto show.

Upvote for your use of Gillespie as a verb

Having seen them smash the sweet hell out of The Other stage 3 times already, I feel I’m well placed to advise all of you to go and see them “Do It Again”.

They have a back catalogue that could fill a headline slot 4 times over, re-edits and mixing that makes you want to weep tears of joy, visuals that surpass anything else you are likely to see at any other gig at any other time of your life and the ability to build an atmosphere like no other. 

Yesterday I honestly thought I would be heading to The Park to watch Hot Chip, as I wanted to watch my first Park headliner, but hearing No Geography today has spun that full circle.

There is a reason I have seen these boys so many times before.

Put simply, it will be the set of the weekend.

Hands down. 

• Upvote 4

New album is a brilliant. Chose the who over them in 2015 as id never saw them live before, regretted it when I watched the chems back on tv when I got home. Had planned for hot chip/Hopkins on the Saturday this year, but the album has changed my mind. 

Read this great article via Glasto Thingy this morning and combined with the new album it has switched my thinking from Hot Chip to the Chems for Saturday night. The article really captures how important they are to the music scene and what they have contributed over the last 25 years.

https://www.dummymag.com/features/the-chemical-brothers-no-geography-interview/

After first listen of the album I really like "Free Yourself" and the album title track but as always the beauty in the CBs is the live experience. Some of these new ones are going to sound and look so big in that field.

Personally, I would have preferred to see them headline the Pyramid with an even bigger production and a couple of guest vocalists.

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

After first listen of the album I really like "Free Yourself" and the album title track but as always the beauty in the CBs is the live experience. Some of these new ones are going to sound and look so big in that field.

Personally, I would have preferred to see them headline the Pyramid with an even bigger production and a couple of guest vocalists.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they've ever had guest vocalists onstage with them.  I remember seeing them mid 90s around the time they did that tune with Noel Gallagher and they set up a mic on a stand front and centre stage, but it was just to troll the crowd.

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think they've ever had guest vocalists onstage with them.  I remember seeing them mid 90s around the time they did that tune with Noel Gallagher and they set up a mic on a stand front and centre stage, but it was just to troll the crowd.

I definitely know that Tim Burgess joined them for Life Is Sweet at Fuji Rock at some point but the least said about that the better...

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I definitely know that Tim Burgess joined them for Life Is Sweet at Fuji Rock at some point but the least said about that the better...

Haha, fair enough, we're agreed on that!

They'd be a much better shout on the Pyramid than what's currently taking that spot this year, but for some reason they seem to prefer t'Other.