Saturday Headliner Poll

Simpo

Saturday Headliner Poll  

334 members have voted

1. 1. If the 5 main stage Saturday headliners are as we suspect, what would be your first choice?

• The Killers (Pyramid)
    • Chemical Brothers (Other)
    • Wu Tang Clan (West Holts)
    • Hot Chip (Park)
    • Jon Hopkins (John Peel)
    • Do something else

I’ve never seen the chemical brothers at Glastonbury so this would be my chances do I know plenty of my group will be there.

However, as people have said Hot Chip on the park has the potential to be a real moment. Joe Goddard up there on Saturday night in 2017 was so good and I think this might be even better. 

Think it will come down to how many of my group go HC if any. 

Wu disappointed on the Pyramid, but I'm hoping they join the prestigious list of incredible West Holts headliners. I have faith in WH to get the sound right, as they've done so on almost every occasion. The only WH headliner that I found disappointing was Disclosure, but I was tired and wasn't fussed on them to begin with.

I’m going to APE so the clash shouldn’t bother me as much as it does... but it really does. If I could choose any two acts at the festival who are must sees (despite seeing them multiple times before including at Glastonbury) it would be Hot Chip and the Chems. I’d quite like to see Jon Hopkins too.

I went for Chems  but my other half may push for Hot Chip as she hasn’t seen them. Either will be amazing. First world problems eh.

It would normally be the Chems, I have missed them three times now, but Hot Chip hold a special place in my heart and I have never seen a headliner in the park . so they will win . on the plus side , I will be straight in the naughty corner before anyone else

Fuck me, this Chems news has really put a spanner in the works. 

If Chems, Hot Chip and Hopkins are all bound to clash then that really is bad planning imo. Splitting crowds that are obviously sharing tastes. Never seen Chems and would probably be cheaper and to see the other two individually so think I'd go there but really was hoping I'd see Hot Chip at the farm and maybe even catch some Hopkins if possible.

Really considering getting myself an APE Ticket now...

As I seen Chems do the Sunday on the Other Stage in 2015 and having never seen a Park headliner or Hot Chip I'm swaying towards Hot Chip for the time being! I reckon all of my group will be heading to the Chems though so it depends how I'm feeling but for now Hot Chip all the way!

13 hours ago, Quark said:

Fuck it. We ditch our respective losers. You, me, Jon Hopkins and a couple of pairs of those glasses :D

Any room for a straggler? ?

My friends are almost definitely going to be split between The Chems and The Killers. I want Jopkins, but can see myself ending up at the Chems. Which I'm sure will be great, but I'm still so fucking annoyed with myself about forgetting his Arcadia set in 2017!

Just now, StLewi said:

Brutal clashes. Could it be possible Hot Chip or Hopkins are on the Other subbing Chems? Or is that just wishful thinking?

I think there's info putting Hot Chip on Park. With Jon we don't really know, but anything other than headlining JP doesn't seem to make sense. 

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

I think there's info putting Hot Chip on Park. With Jon we don't really know, but anything other than headlining JP doesn't seem to make sense. 

It doesn’t but does it make sense for John Hopkins, Hot Chip and The Chemical Brothers on at the same time?

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Where's the Hot Chip info from? Aren't they too big for The Park? Though, if they're up against Chems and Hopkins, the crowd might not be that big...

Edited by StLewi

11 hours ago, Brownie30 said:

My group are 90% philistines, 3 of whom haven't even heard of Hot Chip.

I feel your pain. 

1 hour ago, Acid Loafers said:

Really considering getting myself an APE Ticket now...

So, I actually have an APE ticket. My mate bought them when we were drunk, despite the fact that we're all going to Ibiza the next morning. In the harsh light of day we realised this was pretty silly, and when the Glasto lineup got announced I figured I wouldn't bother and would sell the tickets

But this three way clash of my favourite names on the lineup is indeed a legit clashterfuck. Maybe I should just go to APE. 

Are we likely to have it confirmed before APE?? I still find it really hard to believe they would do it.....

3 hours ago, OffshoreToon said:

Wu disappointed on the Pyramid, but I'm hoping they join the prestigious list of incredible West Holts headliners. I have faith in WH to get the sound right, as they've done so on almost every occasion. The only WH headliner that I found disappointing was Disclosure, but I was tired and wasn't fussed on them to begin with.

It' will be a different Wu this time.... They are touring the anniversary of 36 chambers and they are actually all turning up so far.. They seem reinvigorated.  Middle of the day on the pyramid was never a good slot for them either.

18 minutes ago, sisco said:

It doesn’t but does it make sense for John Hopkins, Hot Chip and The Chemical Brothers on at the same time?

Nope, I think I agreed with you in another thread about this ?

It seems like madness! I always wanted the Chems on Saturday (it's, in their own words, party night!) but I accepted Sunday on the basis of the already horrendous Hot Chip / Jon Hopkins clash. 

P.s. Every night is party night at Glastonbury really! 

The more I think about this clash, the bigger my headache gets. While I want to be at Jopkins, I've got to consider that it's Mrs Inuit's first glastonbury and she's not a Jopkins fan (the shame!).  I'm hoping that in my group, there'll be peeps going somewhere more to her liking as there's nothing worse than being dragged to a set you're not into.  Though I'm clinging to the slim hope that Jopkins will be playing on the new Arcadia stage instead of John Peel.