Saturday Headliner Poll

Simpo

Saturday Headliner Poll  

334 members have voted

1. 1. If the 5 main stage Saturday headliners are as we suspect, what would be your first choice?

• The Killers (Pyramid)
    • Chemical Brothers (Other)
    • Wu Tang Clan (West Holts)
    • Hot Chip (Park)
    • Jon Hopkins (John Peel)
    • Do something else

For me:

The Chems > Jon Hopkins > The Killers > Hot Chip > Wu Tang

The Chems trump all, there's not many acts I'd see over them in general. 

Jon's latest show is just sublime and everyone should experience it. 

The Killers, they're fun alright! Basically I just remember being 17 at Reading '08 with about 15 mates having a massive singalong. 

Right, I love Hot Chip. I've seen them many times, and their West Holts show was incredible. But, for whatever reason I can't explain (trust me I've tried!), I just can't get excited about seeing them. 

Wu Tang just disappointed me so much on Pyramid I couldn't risk it. 

In summary: an amazing night will be had by all, and at each, and I'd happily move two to another night where I've currently only got Tame Impala. 

Edit: although as Sisco has pointed out I'm still surprised they have the Hot Chip / Chems / Hopkins clash so I'm hoping (clutching at straws) that Jon is somehow in a spot where I can see him. 

Edited by zeppelin

For me, it's the Chems. I know one in my group is The Killers. If I hadn't seen them in the JP in 2017, I might have been swayed as I have Chem tickets for November anyway. 

Jon Hopkins would have been the choice otherwise. One of my group was desperate to catch Wu-Tang too but will be at the Other.

3 minutes ago, dccool said:

Thought the chems where Sunday? Have I missed something?

Chemicals, Hopkins, Hot chip clash is my nightmare

Are you looking forward to Glastonbury? You’ve obviously got big ties with the festival, you’ve played it many times and Michael Eavis even got married to ‘Hey Boy Hey Girl’, didn’t he?

I believe so, yeah. I’m really looking forward to it, we’re playing the Saturday night – party night – and it’s just a fantastic place to play for us. We used to go down with our tent and camp and there’s just one place where everyone used to hang out and definitely have good memories, and I find it exciting checking out the new things, Block9 – there’s always something to discover there. We’re playing in Cornwall the night before so it’ll be nice to arrive once everyone’s calmed down a little bit.

https://www.dummymag.com/features/the-chemical-brothers-no-geography-interview/

Worth noting that we are guessing Jon Hopkins will be John Peel headlining. Saturday is a definite, could be doing the sunset slot somewhere.

Edited by Simpo

5 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Are you looking forward to Glastonbury? You’ve obviously got big ties with the festival, you’ve played it many times and Michael Eavis even got married to ‘Hey Boy Hey Girl’, didn’t he?

I believe so, yeah. I’m really looking forward to it, we’re playing the Saturday night – party night – and it’s just a fantastic place to play for us. We used to go down with our tent and camp and there’s just one place where everyone used to hang out and definitely have good memories, and I find it exciting checking out the new things, Block9 – there’s always something to discover there. We’re playing in Cornwall the night before so it’ll be nice to arrive once everyone’s calmed down a little bit.

https://www.dummymag.com/features/the-chemical-brothers-no-geography-interview/

Well that's cleared that up ?

34 minutes ago, Badlands said:

It’s a very strong established set of headliners, but it’s missing something, I’m not sure what. I’d have said Hopkins if I’d not just caught his tour last year.

Wish Janelle was on that night.

Yep, the Janelle/cure clash still upsets me

1 hour ago, Quark said:

If its left to me, Hopkins. If I go with the group it'll be either Chems or Killers. Going to work on the old school ravers in them to hit up JP and get buzzing

It might come down to that for me. Nobody is dragging me away from Hopkins/Hot Chip/Chems, but I suspect on the night I may end up going with a group. Ordinarily I'd happily abandon anyone to see those acts on my own, but I've really no idea.

I've been doing this long enough to know I can't possibly make a decision on a clash like this until the day.

I voted Chems, but who knows?

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It might come down to that for me. Nobody is dragging me away from Hopkins/Hot Chip/Chems, but I suspect on the night I may end up going with a group. Ordinarily I'd happily abandon anyone to see those acts on my own, but I've really no idea.

I've been doing this long enough to know I can't possibly make a decision on a clash like this until the day.

I voted Chems, but who knows?

Fuck it. We ditch our respective losers. You, me, Jon Hopkins and a couple of pairs of those glasses :D