Is there a hill in the Pyramid field

PBacon

Regarding "The Hill of Death" outside Gate C : It may be the drink and the late at night but I am sure they have done some digger work on that over the years and it's not as steep as it used to be. Could also maybe be years of erosion though?

Camped at the top(ish) of Row Mead countless times. That hill up from the Pyramid field stage right, (that's on the right looking up from the stage (for the non theatrical types here)), is way longer than "The Hill of Death", and no one is convincing me that it doesn't feel like "The Hill of Death" when you have to climb it every night (OK "climb" is an exaggeration). I'm sure it's just as steep as "THoD" towards the top. Again, it may be the drink and the late at night.

No one's mentioned the trek up to Worthy View yet. Now that's certainly a hill. Never done it. Never intend to. Probably will never be that rich and even if I was a waste of money imo.

Have you tried rushing from Pyramid to Acoustic? That's a hill. I would argue that the Acoustic field on it's own is a bastard of a hill also

And no ones mentioned The Park? Top marks to the staff that have to get up there every shift to man the bars.

To add to the "Is it a hill, or not?" debate : I've lived on what everyone who lives on it calls going home "Up The Hill" for most of my life. It's not as much as a hill as some of the hills at The Festival.

In summary (Tl;dr) The Glastonbuty Festival is pretty hilly. OP is possibly trolling.

On the other hand, The Other Stage and West Holts are your classic, ex sea bed, flat as it gets geography.

It's yer classic "this is what Ice Age glaciers did to The Earth"  River Valley ain't it?

Fuck it. The @PBacon troll got me.

Any actual Geography Professors here?

7 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Regarding "The Hill of Death" outside Gate C : It may be the drink and the late at night but I am sure they have done some digger work on that over the years and it's not as steep as it used to be. Could also maybe be years of erosion though?

Although it has the aforementioned name that hill isn't half as bad as some folk make it out to be.

8 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Have you tried rushing from Pyramid to Acoustic? That's a hill. I would argue that the Acoustic field on it's own is a bastard of a hill also

Never mind the Acoustic field, the Acoustic tent is a bastard of a hill. I find it very disconcerting watching a band up a hill. 

4 hours ago, musky said:

Never mind the Acoustic field, the Acoustic tent is a bastard of a hill. I find it very disconcerting watching a band up a hill. 

Too true , it’s just not right. Those of us who are every so slightly vertically challenged have problems when thesixfooters take up position at the front .  Even more upsetting is when they then proceed to chat amongst themselves discussing their mortgages and that mornings daily mail front page during a performance , usually  until the act plays the one banger tune that they recognise. It really boils my pish .

3 hours ago, Quark said:

There was a hill into my uni campus on the main route back from the pubs in town.  Was affectionately known as the travellator. Coming back pissed pretty much felt like this.

giphy1.gif

Aberystwyth?

THOD is definitely the steepest of the whole site, the path up from the Pyramid is long but not steep in comparison and is actually a very pleasant leisurely stroll. The only one that may compete with THOD is the horrendous looking trawl up to Worthy View where the distant specs of slow crawling people look like mountain goats grazing on a cliff face.

Edited by Cooter

7 minutes ago, Cooter said:

THOD is definitely the steepest of the whole site, the path up from the Pyramid is long but not steep in comparison and is actually a very pleasant leisurely stroll. The only one that may compete with THOD is the horrendous looking trawl up to Worthy View where the specs of slow crawling people look like mountain goats grazing on a cliff face.

Worthy view Hill has some steps and a rail to hang on to. There’s the added consolation of a bar at the top of the hill. 

10 minutes ago, PBacon said:

TGKoMI was born. Looking forward to doing a tour of the sites steepest slopes once I am set up on Monday this year. Anyone else in?

Great idea, I'm in, but before we set up so we get the ultimate experience with  all our luggage and trollies.

Edited by Cooter