Is there a hill in the Pyramid field

PBacon

6 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

I fell down that slope of mild inconvenience during The Rolling Stones.... I turned to head to the toilets up by the farm and gravity (and cider) pulled me backwards..

Soz to anyone that i bowled over at the time...

it wasn't me ... i  was sat on the floor during the stones ... I couldn't stand up 

7 hours ago, PBacon said:

Could someone confirm whether there is a hill at the back of the Pyramid field. 

I fell down the hill of inconsistency in my first year. Rolled for ages. Lost my bum bag whilst rolling. someone found it, stole

all my money and other things. They did send me my phone back after the festival though, with a few naughty photos attached. 

3 minutes ago, Pugnoseface said:

I fell down the hill of inconsistency in my first year. Rolled for ages. Lost my bum bag whilst rolling. someone found it, stole

all my money and other things. They did send me my phone back after the festival though, with a few naughty photos attached. 

We need to see the pictures or it didn’t happen. :)

All I know is that the right side of the field (facing the stage) has a much better view of the stage when you are mid/far back compared to the left. 

From my experience anyway it seems more of an incline on the right. Is this entirely in my head?

Edited by Wilfko

7 minutes ago, Wilfko said:

All I know is that the right side of the field (facing the stage) has a much better view of the stage when you are mid/far back compared to the left. 

From my experience anyway it seems more of an incline on the right. Is this entirely in my head?

Very steep hill on the right hand side

28 minutes ago, Pugnoseface said:

Were the naughty photos taken at Glastonbury, do you reckon? If not, then maybe the location of the photos may be retrievable, and maybe someone's house ie the thieving bastards who never handed your loot and other bits and bobs in.

I used to always think the walk up to the stone circle was like climbng Ben Nevis. First time I went to the site when the festival wasn't on I climbed up a very gentle incline and thought was that it.

Strange what various substances and darkness can make you think.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

mine was due to a leg infection not alcohol unfortunately ... left the site by ambulance just after the stones after being helped to the medical centre by my unruly friends :) 

Ah.! That'll do it..

33 minutes ago, Pugnoseface said:

This is possibly the saddest Pyramid tale i have ever heard (after @crazyfool1 obviously)

imagine the opportunity to restore someones faith in humanity and perpetuate the lore that Glastonbury people look after their own... and instead you half inch their shit and send them a note with 'Thank' You on it...

when i fell over people helped me up.. although did just tell me that i nearly set fire to my shorts by sitting on their wax flare thingy..

17 minutes ago, PBacon said:

I dont think there is a technical answer is there?

Isn’t a hill got a climb up to the top  then a descent down the other side. If it’s just a rise, ie like contours on an OS map then it’s a slope. That then can be an upslope or a downslope depending where you are positioned on the slope. The pyramid is at the bottom of a downslope. 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

An incline just goes up and is measured by a percentage. Going the other way is a descent. A slope goes either way

i am just making all this pish up but it sounds right. 

I thought you were a geography teacher for a minute

15 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Ah.! That'll do it..

This is possibly the saddest Pyramid tale i have ever heard (after @crazyfool1 obviously)

imagine the opportunity to restore someones faith in humanity and perpetuate the lore that Glastonbury people look after their own... and instead you half inch their shit and send them a note with 'Thank' You on it...

when i fell over people helped me up.. although did just tell me that i nearly set fire to my shorts by sitting on their wax flare thingy..

i was ok in the end ...obviously missed a day of the festival but it was my friend who I felt most sorry for ..trying to get my kit from the lockups ... tidying up and taking down my tent and driving my car home ... its a struggle on the monday without taking other peoples stuff out ....week on an antibiotic drip sorted me out .. and going to hospital in my fancy dress caused much amusement as did my refusal to wear the hospital gown :) 

1 hour ago, PBacon said:

So the camping field behind is the hill? Or are you saying the whole field is a hill. Maybe the year off has flattened my memory. Earth is flat too.

Yea it's massive.... Plus its THE hardest place to camp as all the usual suspects are there before you can reach it