Shakespeare in the Wood

Ommadawn

2 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

ME on the local news saying they are going to be building a stage in the wood (I presume The Wood) where they will be performing some Shakespeare. No more details other than that.

BBC Somerset Local news live here now.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcone?area=west

Edited by Dukeicon

21 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Genuinely welcome this....drama as a performing art has been under-represented at the festival for some time.

Yeah, I agree. I remember seeing a fantastic production of some Heathcote Williams stuff in the early/mid 90s. There seemed to be some room for theatre, not just circus and cabaret/comedy

1 minute ago, Ommadawn said:

They both have a similar driving style as well :)

Please remind me of this when I next go to one of his talks .... an injury might occur before I get there ... and more importantly I won't be able to ask the questions the forum has got ready for him :) 

1 hour ago, Dukeicon said:

"The new Romeo & Juliet stage [in The Woods] where Shakespeare will be performed nightly"

Also, he's not driving a Red Landrover!

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 13.44.54.png

Here's the direct catch up link if you want to watch it, 4m25s in.
  • Upvote 1

This sounds great. Been trying to get the bloke into Shakespeare since we got together, to no avail. Maybe if I buy him a drink and drag him along at Glastonbury I can finally achieve it!

Do you think it will be a local or touring theatre group? Also what kind of time do you think they would put stuff on?

8 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This sounds great. Been trying to get the bloke into Shakespeare since we got together, to no avail. Maybe if I buy him a drink and drag him along at Glastonbury I can finally achieve it!

Do you think it will be a local or touring theatre group? Also what kind of time do you think they would put stuff on?

I've got fingers crossed for a mixture of stuff, different interpretations, bit of comedy, maybe classic scenes rather than whole plays...