Shakespeare in the Wood

Ommadawn

21 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’m well up for it, can’t see myself sitting through at entire play at Glastonbury but it’s high up on my list of new festival experiences

That's my thinking. Wouldn't want to sit through a full set of Hamlet, but a key couple of scenes or an act would be cool.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

That's my thinking. Wouldn't want to sit through a full set of Hamlet, but a key couple of scenes or an act would be cool.

even though someone called me an uncultured swine earlier in the thread ... I might try out a scene or two .... might be a bit odd for the actors though as id imagine this would be quite common a constant in and out of the audience 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

even though someone called me an uncultured swine earlier in the thread ... I might try out a scene or two .... might be a bit odd for the actors though as id imagine this would be quite common a constant in and out of the audience 

Yes there would be a bit of movement in and out. Once a Shakespeare banger has been acted out such as the et tu brute bit or my horse my horse my kingdom for a horse, folk might just leave. Might piss off the actors. 

10 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes there would be a bit of movement in and out. Once a Shakespeare banger has been acted out such as the et tu brute bit or my horse my horse my kingdom for a horse, folk might just leave. Might piss off the actors. 

That's what used to happen when Shakespeare was alive though (or so I'm told :)). The audience used to heckle, throw stuff and leave if they wanted.

8 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

That's what used to happen when Shakespeare was alive though (or so I'm told :)). The audience used to heckle, throw stuff and leave if they wanted.

Absolutely Elizabethan audiences were a tough crowd (quite similar to Glastonbury in many ways) Apparently people shagging in the theatres, heckling, shouting and competing with the actors generally was quite common. There certainly wasn't reverential silence. 

27 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Absolutely Elizabethan audiences were a tough crowd (quite similar to Glastonbury in many ways) Apparently people shagging in the theatres, heckling, shouting and competing with the actors generally was quite common. There certainly wasn't reverential silence. 

Sounds like the park stage on Sunday nights to me 

• 2 months later...

Any more news on this? I think ME said it'd be romeo and juliet, in the woods. Presumably a small stage so they don't need to hype it too much, but at the same time they can't build a stage, rehearse and then tell nobody...