Coma Songs

H.M.V

10 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Mumford and Sons?

Ha! Yes, I stand by my comment.

I guarentee if I was sat in a room with 20 songwriters none would say they hate every song. You can't fill a stadium/ headline the pyramid with lots of shit songs. 

If you like good songwriting you can find at least 3/ 4 songs amoungst there 4 albums. I can understand if you hate the banjo but they also ditched that for about half their backcatologue. The last 2 albums don't really sound like them. So I'll accept that you hate everything by Mumford and Sons but you'd also have to hate everything by Coldplay, Kings of Leon and U2 which the last 2 albums is basicly cut from the same cloth.  

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Exactly this. I've never met a decent songwriter (successful or not) who has this attitude. A good song is a good song. 

So saying you hate absolutely everything by an act that has a huge backcatologue like Sting or Coldplay or U2 just makes you look like a twat. 

Yeah sorry... absolutely nothing by Sting obviously...

?

3 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Yeah sorry... absolutely nothing by Sting obviously...

?

So just to be clear, all these songs where Sting is the sole writer are all rubbish/ shit then? 

Englishmen in New York

Fields of Gold

Can't Stand Losing You

So Lonely

Message in a Bottle

Seven Days

Walking on the Moon

Roxanne

Don't Stand So Close to Me

Every Breath You Take

Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic

Fragile

If I Ever Lose My Faith in You

If You Love Somebody Set Them Free

Russians

When We Dance

De Do Do Do, de Da Da Da

I think I may be taking this thread little seriously.

But I must admit I'm a bit tired of this rhetoric of slagging people off. It's the one thing I would change about this board. There's so much mental illness/ depression within the Arts and music scene and it's made so much worse with people having this blanket pretend hatred of various people. You see it on Twitter all the time. Be nice people. But yeah I should chill out I guess and I just slagged off Fat White Family so I'm just as bad. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

I think I may be taking this thread little seriously.

But I must admit I'm a bit tired of this rhetoric of slagging people off. It's the one thing I would change about this board. There's so much mental illness/ depression within the Arts and music scene and it's made so much worse with people having this blanket pretend hatred of various people. You see it on Twitter all the time. Be nice people. But yeah I should chill out I guess and I just slagged off Fat White Family so I'm just as bad. 

You slagged off my family..???

my music tastes are fair game but leave my family out of it.

• Upvote 1

I've got a friend with an absolute, raging,  all consuming hatred of Celine Dion. Particularly the Titanic one. So clearly that had been fair game for the last 20 years. He's a big 18 stone cornish lad, so it carries risks but it's all worth it. Highlights have included:

Getting the DJ in our local bar to stick it on at full volume while we all bundled him to the floor and the doormen blocked the exits so he couldn't escape.

Putting it on pub jukeboxes at every opportunity.

Figuring out his laptop password and dicking about with his music files, replacing most of them with it but keeping the old filenames. Obviously we kept the originals, but his reaction when he realised we'd done it to every track on KLF's White Album was apocalyptic.

Putting it on at full blast at a house party and locking all the doors so he couldn't escape. His reaction that we hadn't planned for was to turn off the while house at the mains.

Oh we laughed when he finished hitting people.

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

I've got a friend with an absolute, raging,  all consuming hatred of Celine Dion. Particularly the Titanic one. So clearly that had been fair game for the last 20 years. He's a big 18 stone cornish lad, so it carries risks but it's all worth it. Highlights have included:

Getting the DJ in our local bar to stick it on at full volume while we all bundled him to the floor and the doormen blocked the exits so he couldn't escape.

Putting it on pub jukeboxes at every opportunity.

Figuring out his laptop password and dicking about with his music files, replacing most of them with it but keeping the old filenames. Obviously we kept the originals, but his reaction when he realised we'd done it to every track on KLF's White Album was apocalyptic.

Putting it on at full blast at a house party and locking all the doors so he couldn't escape. His reaction that we hadn't planned for was to turn off the while house at the mains.

Oh we laughed when he finished hitting people.

Sounds similar to a regular night at Hotel HMV over an avatar. 

On 4/9/2019 at 9:11 AM, Jah_Roots said:

mmm.... right then...

Song that will put you in a coma - anything that falls under my made up genre of "whiny acoustic crap", usually characterized by some hipster taking a universally known song and changing the arrangement and taking said well known song and whining it over an acoustic guitar or piano. the genre is not restricted to covers and can also produce original compositions. 

It's not, but the covers are so much worse because you can't help but think of the much better original. Even when the original isn't that great. Our playlist at work is full of them

26 minutes ago, DefLeppard said:

Do people hate Celine Dion because of her music or is she a bell end? Genuine question because I actually like some of her songs but don't know anything about her.

Voice for me. People talk about something hitting them right in the feels; well she smashes me right in the angrys. Couldn't tell you why, sure she's lovely and all that. But nope.

And there's also this.