Coma Songs

H.M.V

There's quite a list (daily posting up to the fest?), but these are definitely on it:

Song that will put you in a coma - anything by Mumford and Sons, can't tell most songs apart

Song that is so awful you would wake from a coma to smash the instrument of torture - Anything by Imagine Dragons, but particularly Thunder

Song that would give you the will to wake from torture just so you could boogie again - not sure on this one, but one of my favourites is Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand

Also saw Jason Mraz being mentioned somewhere, I feel some deep hatred...

1 hour ago, Titters said:

A friend of mine has, hands down, the worst taste in music. Always has done. At BBQs and in cars I've been subjected to Dido, The Coors, Barenaked Ladies, Jason Mraz, The Lighthouse Family..... 

So I feel confident when I say

Song that will put you in a coma - Your Body is a Wonderland by John Mayer.

Song that is so awful you would wake from a coma to smash the instrument of torture - Fields of Gold by Sting.

Song that would give you the will to wake from torture just so you could boogie again - Do it Again by Chemical Brothers. 

@bennyhana22 won't thank you for outing him like this. You know he likes to keep the Lighthouse Family secret, ruins his techno credentials ?

9 hours ago, H.M.V said:

So pick your three

Song that will put you in a coma - 99% of The National's recorded output.

Song that is so awful you would wake from a coma to smash the instrument of torture - "Fix You" Coldplay. Gross.

Song that would give you the will to wake from torture just so you could boogie again - "Slow Death" Flamin Groovies.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Song that would give you the will to wake from torture just so you could boogie again Move Your Feet by Junior Senior

Ah, that's a banger. Rediscovered them earlier this year whilst looking back at old Glastonbury gigs. Think it was 2003 in the new Bands Tent?

2 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Ah, that's a banger. Rediscovered them earlier this year whilst looking back at old Glastonbury gigs. Think it was 2003 in the new Bands Tent?

Never saw them, was before my Glastonbury times (kids today etc etc). But yep, love that tune. 

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Put me in a Coma - Lippy Kids (Elbow) 

Smash the Radio as it's worse than being in a coma - That Ed Sheeran tune, "When your legs don't work". You can turn my life support machine off thanks.

Wake to have a boogie - Ring My Bell (Anita Ward). 

ANITA WARD! Yaaaaaaaas

1 hour ago, CajunMoon said:

Into coma: Everybody's Changing – Keane 

Out of coma to smash up: Galway Girl – Ed Sheeran

Give me the will: 54-46 Was My Number – Toots & the Maytals (followed closely by Franklin's Tower – Grateful Dead)

DUDE!!!

2 hours ago, Titters said:

A friend of mine has, hands down, the worst taste in music. Always has done. At BBQs and in cars I've been subjected to Dido, The Coors, Barenaked Ladies, Jason Mraz, The Lighthouse Family..... 

I've got one of those. He loves Barenaked Ladies, and Scouting For Girls....

11 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Something very -Glasters- about Ring My Bell to me brother. ?

And as for Franklins. My word what a stonecold belter.

Never listened to Grateful Dead believe it or not. I'll make that track my starting point

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

Girlfriend in a coma - the smiths

Coma Chameleon - culture club

Coma up and see me (make me

smile) - Steve Harley

Oxford Coma - Vampire Weekend

I may have misunderstood this thread

You have severely misunderstood my friend. Girlfriend in a coma is an absolutely beautiful piece of music and so nerve tingly fantastic. I always lamented the fact it was so short, but I think thats what makes it so poignant.

I know you were just having a laugh but that song does not deserve to be mentioned in the same thread as Ed Sheeran.

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

You have severely misunderstood my friend. Girlfriend in a coma is an absolutely beautiful piece of music and so nerve tingly fantastic. I always lamented the fact it was so short, but I think thats what makes it so poignant.

I know you were just having a laugh but that song does not deserve to be mentioned in the same thread as Ed Sheeran.

That's what I love about your posts easty, you always nail that light hearted feeling ;)

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

That's what I love about your posts easty, you always nail that light hearted feeling ;)

I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours, but I think that gods got a sick sense of humour and when I die, I expect to find him laughing ???

Song to put me in a coma: Girls Like You by Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B- such an awful nothing of a song 

Song to get me out of a coma to smash it: Dark Horse by Katy Perry feat. Juicy J - the worst pop song of the past decade. Easily.

Song to get me out of a coma to boogie: Boogie by Brockhampton (duh) or The Impression that I get by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones —don’t know how anyone can listen to those and not want to dance

Edited by TKOCF

9 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Oh just remembered one song that would make me wake from a coma to smash the radio and its controversial but Insomnia Faithless. I fucking hate that song. My jaw is clenching just writing this. 

I've never heard of anyone actively hating that song.  Every time I think I understand you... :)

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

I've never heard of anyone actively hating that song.  Every time I think I understand you... :)

I'm pretty sure Gnommy has made his feelings clear about Faithless? I just can't abide them, probably why I can't stand Calvin Harris as well. They have that voice that just goes through me. Twitching now. 

20 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I'm pretty sure Gnommy has made his feelings clear about Faithless? I just can't abide them, probably why I can't stand Calvin Harris as well. They have that voice that just goes through me. Twitching now. 

He probably has, I just would have zoned out assuming he was talking about Avalon :lol:

2 hours ago, H.M.V said:

is that wise ? new profile avatar incoming :) .....