See Tickets Return Coach Question

notverynick

Hi guys,

Hoping someone with a better memory can help me out here...

How do See Tickets deal with those who miss their return coach? Or indeed is it more a free for all in general anyways? I've travelled by coach more often than not but can't align in my head what was what as I've done See twice and National express twice.

Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me :)

Nick

Generally SeeTickets are relatively relaxed about return coach times and it's more a case of getting the coach full and out than being on the correct one.

it depends on demand really.  Typically less people get the coach back so there's a bit of flexibility if you miss your allotted coach time as long as there is another scheduled service to your destination.  If there isn't then I honestly do not know.  They may let you board a coach that is going in the relative same direction but I would imagine you'd have to charm your way on to it.

I've never had a ticket checked leaving on either a National Express or a See coach! Might have just got lucky though. Also, I was going to London so there were loads of coaches going that way. If I were going somewhere with fewer coaches I might be more careful.

I've done Liverpool once and Bristol twice on see tickets and never got my alloted coach. They barely check the ticket, more to make sure you are on see tickets coaches but not times. They are more concerned with getting people off site. 

10 hours ago, notverynick said:

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I am travelling to London so sounds like I can gamble.

Our scheduled departure is 4:30am so I'll wait for the full line-up and then will know if I need to chance a later coach :)

SeeTickets to London and you'll have no problem at all. As has been said, they just want you away. It can be a bit of a scrum at peak time around 10 & 11.

I got the 02:00 National Express coach back to London last time and the lady at the gate was checking tickets - I think this was to mainly make sure that all the people who had tickets for the 02:00 had the 1st opportunity to board (she also shouted into the queue asking for people with 02:00 tickets to come forward). Once she was satisfied all the 02:00 people from the queue were boarded, she then allowed the unfilled seats to be filled from the queue.

On 4/10/2019 at 11:12 AM, pmcmanu2 said:

I got the 02:00 National Express coach back to London last time and the lady at the gate was checking tickets - I think this was to mainly make sure that all the people who had tickets for the 02:00 had the 1st opportunity to board (she also shouted into the queue asking for people with 02:00 tickets to come forward). Once she was satisfied all the 02:00 people from the queue were boarded, she then allowed the unfilled seats to be filled from the queue.

NE & See are two very different operations. This is how it should be done whereas See are a shambles, especially the London lot.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Sallycinnabon said:

Does anyone who had got coach before  know when they hand the tickets out don’t want to get the coach ??

It depends on the driver. Some will hand out when you board the coach and some will do it part way through the journey, some when you get to the site. Either way, if you’ve bought a coach and ticket package, you have to travel by coach and there are no exceptions that I am aware of. 

Quick question about the coach guys. I've had my coach ticket from See but it only has my name/registration number and not my husbands. Are we supposed to receive separate coach tickets?

4 hours ago, mcmenace said:

Quick question about the coach guys. I've had my coach ticket from See but it only has my name/registration number and not my husbands. Are we supposed to receive separate coach tickets?

Just checked mine and it’s only for me. So I think each passenger should have been emailed their own ticket individually 

2 hours ago, ben dover said:

Defo one per email. 

15 hours ago, fionajm777 said:

Just checked mine and it’s only for me. So I think each passenger should have been emailed their own ticket individually 

Yes, just to confirm that I've spoken to See Tickets and it's one per email. They have now emailed me the other coach ticket so all is well.

Thanks for your help guys.