How many back in the pot?

Joshuwarr

3 minutes ago, rwoo said:

Surely the percentage on this forum will be lower than the gen pop who go for Glasto tickets? With people who aren't huge music fans more likely to return their ticket if Adele or Ed Sheeran aren't playing making the actual percentage a lot higher than it would appear on here? Would be interesting to know the confirmed stats, shame they don't get leaked.

EDIT: as in percentage of people returning tickets

Don't think that holds up, because the people on this forum are typically going to be just one member of a group, and the most obsessive one at that. The ones returning the tickets for the most part likely aren't the people on this forum, but they may well happen to know someone who is.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rwoo said:

Surely the percentage on this forum will be lower than the gen pop who go for Glasto tickets? With people who aren't huge music fans more likely to return their ticket if Adele or Ed Sheeran aren't playing making the actual percentage a lot higher than it would appear on here? Would be interesting to know the confirmed stats, shame they don't get leaked.

EDIT: as in percentage of people returning tickets

The Glasto Thingy on Twitter had a poll with 2826 votes which concluded that about 20% of people were not going to pay their balances.

Of course, there's no way to know if they all had deposits in the first place.  And we don't know how many people the respondents speak on behalf of either, but it's quite a good sample size.

CaptureGTP.JPG

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, stu_kent said:

Of course, there's no way to know if they all had deposits in the first place.  And we don't know how many people the respondents speak on behalf of either, but it's quite a good sample size.

It's a good sample size, but it's a pretty terrible sample quality.

As you say, there's no way to know if they all had deposits to start with - and even then, there's a likelihood that of those that did some will have voted no despite intending to pay anyway as a way of saying "I don't think much of the lineup", and that some more will have said no legitimately, but been unable to follow through when it actually hit home that they wouldn't be going to Glastonbury.

11 minutes ago, incident said:

It's a good sample size, but it's a pretty terrible sample quality.

I agree - I think we can use the efest data and the twitter one and conclude that there's likely to be >10% of tickets available for resale.

Perhaps even somewhere between 10-20%

I'm hearing word of a campaign just underway by See to weed out people who have tried to use false local addresses to get tickets in the 'locals' sale (you probably remember the outcry on here at the time that the locals sale was being abused by people fraudulently using mates' addresses...)

If they can't prove that they live locally (polling cards, driving license, etc.) then their ticket gets cancelled in the next two weeks, before the resale, so this could mean another few hundred back in the pot. I don't suppose there is an actual 'locals' resale, so these probably go in the general resale - every little helps

1 minute ago, billum said:

I'm hearing word of a campaign just underway by See to weed out people who have tried to use false local addresses to get tickets in the 'locals' sale (you probably remember the outcry on here at the time that the locals sale was being abused by people fraudulently using mates' addresses...)

If they can't prove that they live locally (polling cards, driving license, etc.) then their ticket gets cancelled in the next two weeks, before the resale, so this could mean another few hundred back in the pot. I don't suppose there is an actual 'locals' resale, so these probably go in the general resale - every little helps

great news :) any links to this ?

8 minutes ago, billum said:

Not sure about the local weekend tickets, but there could be a resale of local Sunday tickets. So maybe some of those will be back in the pot:

Any cancelled Sunday tickets will be made available in a resale on Sunday 28th April.

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

great news :) any links to this ?

No not really - just heard someone got an email from See saying her ticket was triggered as suspicious and had been suspended pending investigation (a heart-stopping moment, you can imagine!). In the end it was all OK coz she'd bought in the main sale anyway, but it shows they're trying to weed them out!

2 minutes ago, billum said:

No not really - just heard someone got an email from See saying her ticket was triggered as suspicious and had been suspended pending investigation (a heart-stopping moment, you can imagine!). In the end it was all OK coz she'd bought in the main sale anyway, but it shows they're trying to weed them out!

great ... the legitimate ones will have proof so good news .. will hopefully put an end to this loophole 

8 minutes ago, tarw said:

That would suggest to me that the festival is happy with the level of returns. They wouldn’t be looking to cancel tickets if they thought they couldn’t shift the ones they had pretty quickly 

at the moment the festival has no issues with shifting the tickets ...however it would seem like they are closing up the local ticket loophole which has upset many  locals ... so think this is more the reason than the level of returns it will be such a small percentage compared with the overall level of returns 

27 minutes ago, tarw said:

That would suggest to me that the festival is happy with the level of returns. They wouldn’t be looking to cancel tickets if they thought they couldn’t shift the ones they had pretty quickly 

Yep - any action like this is going to mean both more tickets back in the pot, and going to risk alienating the people who had them. Doing so would be counterproductive if there's any concern about the return rate.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Yep - any action like this is going to mean both more tickets back in the pot, and going to risk alienating the people who had them. Doing so would be counterproductive if there's any concern about the return rate.

but wouldn't those people know they had taken a risk an accept it ? for me its like trying to get in with someone elses ticket ... FairPlay you have caught me out ... nothing more I can do ?

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

but wouldn't those people know they had taken a risk an accept it ? for me its like trying to get in with someone elses ticket ... FairPlay you have caught me out ... nothing more I can do ?

Some would, maybe.

But often when people get caught in the wrong they get very self righteous about it. Especially if they've got away with it before.

12 minutes ago, incident said:

Some would, maybe.

But often when people get caught in the wrong they get very self righteous about it. Especially if they've got away with it before.

yes I would agree but as long as those ticket checking processes are robust and legitimate and  locals dont get them cancelled, the festival is in a strong position to cancel the dodgy ones knowing they can sell them again many times over ...Im looking forward to some of the local responses on social media should anyone be brave enough to question the cancellation of a ticket  ... although of course the moaners will have louder voices than those of the locals who have potentially had fewer tickets available for this reason