How many back in the pot?

Joshuwarr

If the returns really are 13% that's a serious amount of money retained, £350,000 by my reckoning, I wonder who keeps it? Seetickets or the festival or some agreed split. Maybe See get to keep it and so charge a smaller booking fee. £5 for a festival ticket is pretty low.  ( I know there are costs involved in refunding of course).

13 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I don't know all of them, friends of friends and the like. I didn't know any of them until we met at Glastonbury in 2014. All thanks to this website, Camp Ralph was the solo campers group that year.

Part of this and the reason I joined up. Got my first ticket and was a tad nervous about going by myself. Met some rather spendid people and Gnom. ;) 

7 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Part of this and the reason I joined up. Got my first ticket and was a tad nervous about going by myself. Met some rather spendid people and Gnom. ;) 

Screenshot_20190321-161529_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bfd65043f2341e10ff43ff9399952329.jpg

36 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Current Standings:

Paid: 778 (89%)

Returned: (89 (11%)

Still a respectable amount of tickets potentially available in the resale based on those stats.

With TheThingy Twitter poll coming in at 20% going back in the pot (probably skewed by people voting 'no' who didn't have tickets) and this place being mainly Glastonbury obsessives, I suspect the real answer is somewhere between the two. Maybe around 15%?

4 minutes ago, Padgey said:

on the Resale thread @Guy Incognito  has said 10 have gone back into the pot from his group, not sure if it's been mentioned in here.  That should get the percentage up a bit!  

sorry that was very misleading of me. I' meant that none of us got tickets in the original sale as we all failed but none of us are trying for resale. So no more back in the pot but more chance of success for you lot who are trying I guess. Apologies for the confusion.

Edited by Guy Incognito

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

sorry that was very misleading of me. I' meant that none of us got tickets in the original sale and none of us are trying for resale. Apologies for the confusion.

Oops, thought it was a bit strange all 10 going back into the pot.  Oh well as we were then!

Just now, Padgey said:

Oops, thought it was a bit strange all 10 going back into the pot.  Oh well as we were then!

yeh I worded it terribly. Was basically just stating how bit by bit all of my group have decided against trying for the resale. I do know a few people from wider group of friends who I don't go to the festival with who have returned their tickets though, 3 I think.

49 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

yeh I worded it terribly. Was basically just stating how bit by bit all of my group have decided against trying for the resale. I do know a few people from wider group of friends who I don't go to the festival with who have returned their tickets though, 3 I think.

Id be interested to see how many who were trying and failed in October are not bothering in the resale.

I think we are a group of 6 down who have decided on doing other stuff but we've not had an ask around as to who we are trying for again. 

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

With TheThingy Twitter poll coming in at 20% going back in the pot (probably skewed by people voting 'no' who didn't have tickets) and this place being mainly Glastonbury obsessives, I suspect the real answer is somewhere between the two. Maybe around 15%?

Does The Thingy have a handle on what the estimate percentages were in previous years? Was there a similar thread in 2017 and before? 

Whilst it's really hard to be sure of real numbers, it would be interesting to see trends year on year. I suspect it is higher this time.

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Does The Thingy have a handle on what the estimate percentages were in previous years? Was there a similar thread in 2017 and before? 

Whilst it's really hard to be sure of real numbers, it would be interesting to see trends year on year. I suspect it is higher this time.

Nope, never done one before.

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

So we're thinking between around 10,000 - 15,000 tickets in the resale? Which probably equates to around 10 - 15 minutes sale time? 

How quickly does the resale generally sell out? Funnily enough one of our group is running the marathon, so we need to try and grab one extra ticket for a friend and then quickly trek from Southampton to London to see everyone and (hopefully) celebrate a completed marathon and the final Glastonbury ticket

Edited by thrillhouse188

3 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Current Standings:

Paid: 778 (89%)

Returned: (89 (11%)

Still a respectable amount of tickets potentially available in the resale based on those stats.

So, I had a quick look at the similar thread from 2017, the first 5 pages add up to this:

Paid: 855 (88%)

Returned 113 (12%)

So, it seems remarkably consistent year on year, and probably indicates these figures are reasonably accurate for the efestival contingent

12 of our group got tickets and they all paid their balances. 10 has become 9 for the resale (myself invluded) , which should be fun ?

In previous years I've tried 3 times in the resale and been successful each time, and relatively quickly on each occasion. 1 coach and 2 general. Make of that what you will :). Never had quite so many in need of tickets though, one transaction covered the lot each time. I'm quite worried tbh. 

Surely the percentage on this forum will be lower than the gen pop who go for Glasto tickets? With people who aren't huge music fans more likely to return their ticket if Adele or Ed Sheeran aren't playing making the actual percentage a lot higher than it would appear on here? Would be interesting to know the confirmed stats, shame they don't get leaked.

EDIT: as in percentage of people returning tickets

Edited by rwoo