Tickets for glastonbury

Jenny Ignatius

Sorry Jenny,

What you ask is not possible.

All tickets for Glastonbury are personalised with the holders photograph to prevent private sales & ticket touts. They can only be cancelled with the festival for a refund. If you wish to obtain a ticket firstly you need to register your details with the festival, providing a passport style photo of yourself. When registered you will be issued with a registration number unique to you which will enable you to purchase a ticket in any sale. For more details see:

www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/

ps:  The photo on the ticket is inspected keenly on entry!

Edited by Lycra

30 minutes ago, Jenny Ignatius said:

Hi guys, i was wondering if anyone cannot make it to glastonbury festival and wants to sell their Tickets.

I would appreciate it much!

Thanks folks!

Jenny

There's still  a resale to go, so if you register quickly (link is above) and then coach resale is 25th April and non coach 28th - good luck .

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

Additional info:

The personalised tickets are despatched to the ticket holder ca. 2 - 3 weeks before the festival. 

2-3 weeks if you’re lucky.  Less than a week before for many.  Ticket dispatch date stress is up there with ticket purchase stress.  Just watch this forum late June....

3 hours ago, NancyBoyPossum said:

2-3 weeks if you’re lucky.  Less than a week before for many.  Ticket dispatch date stress is up there with ticket purchase stress.  Just watch this forum late June....

Yes dispatch seems to get later and later!

8 hours ago, dccool said:

That's given me butterflys!

The total relief when they are delivered love that feeling

It's a different feeling when your step daughter recycles the red missed post card and only mentions it 2 days later. Fortunately before the wagon came round...

On 4/8/2019 at 5:37 PM, carlosj said:

It's a different feeling when your step daughter recycles the red missed post card and only mentions it 2 days later. Fortunately before the wagon came round...

my mates actually put their tickets in recycling one year, and were not able to attend

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

That is one less thing you have to worry about when you go by coach as you get your coach ticket by email.

Unless the Coach driver not got your ticket!.........Happened 2007....Fortunately after scouring the coach and an extremely nervous minute or so passed, the coach driver located errant ticket ?

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

Unless the Coach driver not got your ticket!.........Happened 2007....Fortunately after scouring the coach and an extremely nervous minute or so passed, the coach driver located errant ticket ?

Fuck! Hadn't even thought of that. What the hell would have happened if it hadn't been found?

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Fuck! Hadn't even thought of that. What the hell would have happened if it hadn't been found?

Wasn't my ticket that went astray, a friend's in our group, but put it this way.....even I had a cacky bum ?

On 4/10/2019 at 7:18 PM, Lycra said:

In 2016 See coach drivers from Edinburgh were last minute replacements for original crew, can’t remember why. Anyway, new drivers did not have anyone’s ticket, passengers were informed tickets would be at Gate A bus station when we arrived. Trip then took circa 24 hours due to the traffic chaos that year. All that time unsure tickets would be there when we arrived. Total nightmare. Funny how all worry and angst disappears as soon as you get on site though. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2019 at 2:53 PM, Jenny Ignatius said:

Hi guys, i was wondering if anyone cannot make it to glastonbury festival and wants to sell their Tickets.

I would appreciate it much!

Thanks folks!

Jenny

Absolutely not worth doing! As said previously tickets are (rightly!) made less appealing to touts with the pic/ ref system.. A person in my group in 2010 bought a ticket from somebody they knew who could no longer go. They looked VERY similar but he failed to get in at at least 2 gates and had to schlep back to the north east solo. I can't even imagine how soul destroying that journey  must have been!!!

1 hour ago, brightyoungthing said:

Absolutely not worth doing! As said previously tickets are (rightly!) made less appealing to touts with the pic/ ref system.. A person in my group in 2010 bought a ticket from somebody they knew who could no longer go. They looked VERY similar but he failed to get in at at least 2 gates and had to schlep back to the north east solo. I can't even imagine how soul destroying that journey  must have been!!!

Can vouch for the diligence of the gate staff. I've known instances where a person with an ambiguous ticket pic being taken aside and made to produce additional photo-id  e.g. driving license etc 

16 hours ago, Lycra said:

Can vouch for the diligence of the gate staff. I've known instances where a person with an ambiguous ticket pic being taken aside and made to produce additional photo-id  e.g. driving license etc 

This has happened to me. Pulled aside and asked for further ID. Unfortunately my driving licence is 17 year old me with extremely short hair and looking very different they even asked if I had a bank card with my name on and asked me to recite all my address dob etc.

I quite like these posts where someone joins, writes a very common question that's been asked a lot before, gets tons of friendly and helpful posts but doesn't even come back to read them let alone to say thanks.

It's clearly a very positive reflection on how patient and helpful you all are :D 

4 hours ago, clarkete said:

I quite like these posts where someone joins, writes a very common question that's been asked a lot before, gets tons of friendly and helpful posts but doesn't even come back to read them let alone to say thanks.

It's clearly a very positive reflection on how patient and helpful you all are :D 

I think its an Eavis in disguise, putting thee questions up so we all sit here and say ,,,, "fucking no chance" 

then when people google the question they see our response 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, shuttlep said:

I think its an Eavis in disguise, putting thee questions up so we all sit here and say ,,,, "fucking no chance" 

then when people google the question they see our response 

He he, it's good to have a theory - that they've got a propaganda wing making sure key messages get out on the grapevine :)