The smaller acts and a thank you to those who recommend them

gigpusher

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:46 PM, Beerqueen said:

Yep. I went to see She Drew the Gun supported by Man and the Echo - two bands I discovered at Glasto who I now love (particularly M&theE) . The princely sum of £9 for the two. Being able to tweet the band and get a reply as to what time they are on stage is a bonus too! They even contacted me the next day to adjust it! 

Got an eye on a SDTG ticket for Brighton in Oct, sounds like it's worth a punt?

Just discovered this band are super rumoured called scalping they are amazing. Apparently playing croissant neuf. 100% must see for me if they are playing. I think I'm most excited about these and snapped ankles two tiny bands haha

Edited by Xeph1995
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Just discovered this band are super rumoured called scalping they are amazing. Apparently playing croissant neuf. 100% must see for me if they are playing. I think I'm most excited about these and snapped ankles two tiny bands haha

Nowt wrong with that, some of the best fun most people on here have had tend to be some of the smaller bands.  One of the reasons I'm still proper excited for more info to drop :)

On 4/8/2019 at 2:38 PM, alanr said:

One of my favourite  is John Fairhurst. I've seen him on several occasions on stages ranging from Small World in the green fields up to The Glade.

Hope he's around this year

Alan

Thank you so much for this, he recorded one of his music videos in my favorite bar in Manchester (Big Hands) and I couldn't for the life of me remember who it was when I was trying to explain it to someone a couple of months ago. Seeing his name refereshed everything so thanks. Can't remember who I was trying to explain it to any more but I'm still counting it as a victory.

Caught him at the little bar near the park entrance, was good craic.

14 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Thank you so much for this, he recorded one of his music videos in my favorite bar in Manchester (Big Hands) and I couldn't for the life of me remember who it was when I was trying to explain it to someone a couple of months ago. Seeing his name refereshed everything so thanks. Can't remember who I was trying to explain it to any more but I'm still counting it as a victory.

Caught him at the little bar near the park entrance, was good craic.

That would be The Bimble Inn.

Another I remember from there is The Eskies, a great fun Irish band

4 hours ago, Quark said:

Got an eye on a SDTG ticket for Brighton in Oct, sounds like it's worth a punt?

Go for it.

I saw them on a midday Park stage slot in 2017, they were excellent. Earlier this year I saw Louisa and the guitarist, Jack Turner, doing a stripped back set for a benefit gig - they only played for about 20 mins but again were really good.

They are also playing in Bedford on that tour, I hope to catch them again there. 

I too saw SDTG on the Park stage in 2017 and Louise singing in Left Field ( which is what took me to the Park to see them). Really like them but thought the sound a bit off in Birmingham tbh. Though still definitely worth seeing.  I went more to see M&TE as support who I love and who were as brilliant as ever.

On 4/7/2019 at 2:38 PM, gigpusher said:

I'll give a shout out to one who will hopefully be playing. They've been shortlisted in the Emerging Talent Competition which usually means they should get a gig somewhere on the farm. They are Liines. 

Saw them last night supporting Sleaford Mods - excellent band. There's a bit about them in this review, if you're interesting

https://www.egigs.co.uk/reviews/?a=15900

On 4/9/2019 at 8:46 PM, Beerqueen said:

Yep. I went to see She Drew the Gun supported by Man and the Echo - two bands I discovered at Glasto who I now love (particularly M&theE) . The princely sum of £9 for the two. Being able to tweet the band and get a reply as to what time they are on stage is a bonus too! They even contacted me the next day to adjust it! 

Thanks for the recommendation, they sound really good..and they’re playing Bluedot, I’ll be able to see them!

Edited by Avalon_Fields

I'm really loving Jorja Smith right now. Don't know how much of a ' smaller' act she is right now really, but she's new to me. I'm wondering where she is going to to play. I'd guess JP or West Holts early afternoon slot

On 4/14/2019 at 3:35 PM, sparkythetortoise said:

Saw them last night supporting Sleaford Mods - excellent band. There's a bit about them in this review, if you're interesting

https://www.egigs.co.uk/reviews/?a=15900

Excellent band, saw them with Sleaford Mods at Holmfirth. Got the whole crowd up