Billie Eilish

Matt42

36 minutes ago, jparx said:

Setlist predictions?

I think she'll come out to Bury a Friend, end the main set with No Time to Die and finish the encore with Bad Guy.

Nah she will open with one from HTE me thinks. Maybe Bad Guy as the second track?

Finish main set with Happier Than Ever and encore with Bury a Friend. Don’t think she will play no time to die.

Edited by Matt42

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Aye they listed all the younger headliners in one of the things they ran over the festival weekend this year. Seem to remember Oasis/Liam being pretty damn young when they headlined too, although I definitely think Billie would be youngest if she ends up doing it.

If we’re counting lead singers, I think Tim Wheeler from Ash might just beat her (by about a fortnight). Only done a cursory search mind. There could definitely be others.

Just now, balthazarstarbuck said:

If we’re counting lead singers, I think Tim Wheeler from Ash might just beat her (by about a fortnight). Only done a cursory search mind. There could definitely be others.

Ah I think you may well be right on that one! Weren’t they like 17 or something ridiculous when they got drafted in last minute to headline? 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Ah I think you may well be right on that one! Weren’t they like 17 or something ridiculous when they got drafted in last minute to headline? 

I make it 20 and a bit. If Billie comes to pass, she’ll be 20 and a slightly bigger bit. 
I wanna get to the bottom of that one though. 
Just goes to show it ain’t unprecedented I guess.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Obviously there’s been a gap and extenuating circumstances, but we are looking at a jump from third Other to Pyramid headliner in successive festivals.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Even more remarkable when you remember she was originally meant to play an even lower slot in the JP last time out.

Stormzy went from other sub to pyramid headliner. So yeah.

22 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Do we get encores on the Pyramid?  My memory is blank of any I can remember.....

Encore is almost a meaningless term these days anyway.

Maybe it's just the acts I've been at, but it seems increasingly common for a band leave the stage, while the crowd just stands there waiting around damn near silent other than maybe the odd token effort to shout for more, because they know that the show isn't over - the house lights aren't up, the PA music isn't playing. Then the show resumes as if nothing happened..

I did see an actual genuine encore not too long ago - FLC at Rock City about 4 or 5ish years back - house lights came on, music playing, but the crowd properly wanted more and pretty much refused to leave - of course because they'd played their set and I assume had run through most of what they had rehearsed and certainly all the big numbers, when they came back out it was with a cover and a b-side that most of the crowd didn't know. Still loved it though.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Encore is almost a meaningless term these days anyway.

Maybe it's just the acts I've been at, but it seems increasingly common for a band leave the stage, while the crowd just stands there waiting around damn near silent other than maybe the odd token effort to shout for more, because they know that the show isn't over - the house lights aren't up, the PA music isn't playing. Then the show resumes as if nothing happened..

I did see an actual genuine encore not too long ago - FLC at Rock City about 4 or 5ish years back - house lights came on, music playing, but the crowd properly wanted more and pretty much refused to leave - of course because they'd played their set and I assume had run through most of what they had rehearsed and certainly all the big numbers, when they came back out it was with a cover and a b-side that most of the crowd didn't know. Still loved it though.

Good point - I’ve never seen a band actually come back on to the stage by the crowd refusing to go home.

Edited by Matt42

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Good point - I’ve never seen a band actually come back on to the stage by the crowd refusing to go home.

It might just be that I have a slightly twisted sense of humour, but I do one day want to see a band say "fuck it, they don't want us to come back", and so not do the "encore" part of their standard set ideally including their biggest hit. The sheer reaction it'd create would be worth it.

23 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Sneakily making resale look like its a good thing with it going to charity. Problem is there is no percentage being stated. 

C7E359C1-6B95-4BAD-8879-073BA06790B4.jpeg

Nearly £90 for standing.  Always reminds me why Glastonbury is still such good value for money