Billie Eilish

Matt42

17 hours ago, sisco said:

Nope as someone said before another date was always going to been added

Awaits for Matt to Say…. But she can still do Friday! 😂

This was clear from the start. She's doing a 3 dates London before hand with a day gap. Glastonbury to London is nothing for her. She's got time off after that weekend. She's not the first by far to do Glastonbury as a solo festival either if she is.

15 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Surprised by that. I thought it was gonna do huge numbers. Maybe the singles being so downbeat/uninteresting did more damage to the expectations of the album than anticipated. 

Who cares? Billie fans are clearly all over Spotify and such. The kids aren't rushing to hmv or amazon to buy it.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Fair enough if she’s decided to do Glastonbury as a one off or one of very few, but the fact there aren’t any other festivals does make me question this info, even if her tour dates obviously do align pretty perfectly. Not to put a downer on the whole thing, but I’ve been here long enough to see these rumours (even ones Neil claim are solid) fall apart. 

Weren’t Elbow, Fleetwood Mac and Depeche Mode all dead certs to headline one year and then none of them ended up doing it (Elbow subbed, iirc)? 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Weren’t Elbow, Fleetwood Mac and Depeche Mode all dead certs to headline one year and then none of them ended up doing it (Elbow subbed, iirc)? 

No I was there when it was being discussed they weren’t dead certs.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Fair enough if she’s decided to do Glastonbury as a one off or one of very few, but the fact there aren’t any other festivals does make me question this info, even if her tour dates obviously do align pretty perfectly. Not to put a downer on the whole thing, but I’ve been here long enough to see these rumours (even ones Neil claim are solid) fall apart. 

I can only remember one TBC that didn't turn out to be correct (Coldplay one year). At least headliner wise.

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

That was for 2014, I’m sure those three were the rumoured headliners in 2013 over the summer but I don’t think any were ever TBC, there might have been an article on the website saying there was info about them headlining but I’m sure they were never down as TBC.

As @Gnomicidesays, Coldplay in 2015 is the only headliner who’s went TBC and not headlined from what I can remember. I’m sure this was ruled out by Emily in an interview Neil had with her that year, although obviously Coldplay went on to headline the following year anyway so it’s possible there was just a misunderstanding somewhere along the way with that rumour.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

That was for 2014, I’m sure those three were the rumoured headliners in 2013 over the summer but I don’t think any were ever TBC, there might have been an article on the website saying there was info about them headlining but I’m sure they were never down as TBC.

As @Gnomicidesays, Coldplay in 2015 is the only headliner who’s went TBC and not headlined from what I can remember. I’m sure this was ruled out by Emily in an interview Neil had with her that year, although obviously Coldplay went on to headline the following year anyway so it’s possible there was just a misunderstanding somewhere along the way with that rumour.

Yeah it was receiving info for 2016 in 2015 and being muddled.

I dropped my mum a message to say Billie was the likely candidate for the Friday and she said “oh wow that’s amazing! I watched that documentary with her and her brother”.

I didn’t think she would know who Billie is! She passes the mum test.

42 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I dropped my mum a message to say Billie was the likely candidate for the Friday and she said “oh wow that’s amazing! I watched that documentary with her and her brother”.

I didn’t think she would know who Billie is! She passes the mum test.

My mum fucking loves her. Bought her a limited copy of her EP on vinyl for Christmas 😂

I'm not convinced I would watch a headline set by her.

Now I do love her stuff. loved her since Ocean eyes which my daughter switched me onto but not sure she would be my headliner for the evening on the Pyramid. I don't normally watch headliners there much anymore anyway, lost a bit of it's appeal for me with the crowds and the sound can sometimes not be good enough for me (I know that has changed)

Still we shall see, depends on what mood I am in I guess. would have loved to have seen her in JP really, I know not possible now.

she did say on the BBC doc that she had not realised how big and important Glastonbury was when she did it