Matt42

Billie Eilish

Think Billie and her brother nailed the brief. It's a Bond Theme song. Not my thing but fits perfectly. 🙂

Well it’s indisputably a Bond theme, but imo to a huge fault as (to my memory) it sounds very much like Sam Smith’s one from the last film which is exactly what I was hoping she’d avoid. 

It gets better on repeated listens but still threatens to overwhelm her when it hits it’s stride - this gentler, husky Billie is fine until the music soars. You could imagine someone like Adele doing a much better job at it. 

Edited by kalifire

Definitely a bit too similar to Sam Smith for me. I do like it but as has been mentioned it'd suit someone like Adele much more.

Think it's spot on personally. It definitely has Billie and Finneas' style stamped on it but works great as a Bond theme as well. It sounds different as a Bond theme without being totally off the wall and feeling out of place.

These two are on a fucking mammoth run of form at the minute. Everything they touch turns to gold. And Billie only turned 18 a few months ago 😑 

I can't wait for Billie to headline the Pymild when album 2 drops. I was planning on going on a Glastonbury hiatus after this year but that's the type of thing that would bring me straight back.

I like.  It sounds like a Bond song, and it also sounds like Billie Eilish.

Don't know about an all time classic Bond song, but yep. That'll do.

I will never get her voice. It grates on me. Like she needs to cough.

I like the production on a few tunes, but wish someone else sang them. 

Same again here. It's all a bit too much like a Bank / Building society advert.

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

It’s alright. Can tell if Sam smith released the exact same tune it would be getting slated on here but.

He did five years ago, and you’re right, it was. 

Woke up to it playing on the radio alarm this morning. Radio Clyde really with it , down with the kids, these days. Quite enjoyed it, exactly what I thought it would be though I kept waiting for the tempo to increase. 

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

He did five years ago, and you’re right, it was. 

100%. Worst part of the film. 

Dodgy ground with the gender pronoun read someone make a decent point the other day as to what part of the Glastonbury equality 50/50 Sam will want to be part of. 

Just listened, as mentioned very Billie but undoubtedly Bond as well... 

Was it ever going to beat Skyfall though? No chance, Skyfall bangs to this day.

Nothing new here - its been done before, and better.  Voice not great at all

The fact that it sounds like The Writing's On The Wall isn't that big of a deal for me, the only person on the planet that actually quite likes that song.

2 hours ago, jparx said:

These two are on a fucking mammoth run of form at the minute. Everything they touch turns to gold. And Billie only turned 18 a few months ago 😑

Take it you haven't heard Finneas' own stuff?

4 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Take it you haven't heard Finneas' own stuff?

Oh aye it's no good (well, not up my street at least), but I meant what they touch as a duo 😝

I was gonna ask whether we might get a Finneas set in the JP this year but he seems to only play dates where Billie is playing as well.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Its all a bit too much like a Bank / Building society advert.

I've not heard it yet, but this is a rather damning assessment. I imagine it probably wasn't quite what she was going for.

it's fine. like most Bond themes it's a bit dull until  <INSERT BOMBASTIC ORCHESTRA CRESCENDO>.

as @kalifire says, when it gets to that point, it overwhelms her. Don't know how strong her singing is generally, but she certainly doesn't carry the notes at the end of this. Sounds very weak at that point.