Billie Eilish

Matt42

The gap between her June 7th Colombia date and the start of her July Tour is narrowing with the Mad Cool announcement.

The more Euro festivals Billie is getting announced for the more I’m starting to think Emily might have booked her again.

Are there any festivals that Billie could do across Europe (still to be announced that she isn’t ruled out for) that could bridge the gap between Glasto and the 8th July?

She won’t be at Werchter, and I dunno whether she can/can’t do Rosklide. I need some people with better knowledge to jump in.

2 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

If the gap is there, Ellish on the Pyramid Stage would be a logical booking.

It’s still a bit too wide at the moment. If she was doing Glastonbury it would be two weeks before the rest of her Euro tour dates start.

However with Mad Cool being announced that gap is starting (albeit slightly) to narrow.

• 1 month later...

Stormzy had a few new tunes at least. She was fine on the other stage last year but the same thing again high up on the pyramid would seem like a bit of a cop out for the 50th. Whether she’ll stay popular or not remains to be seen but she’ll be around for another album cycle at least they’d surely be better off booking her then. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying she's on for it or anything, but this time last year Stormzy didn't have anything beyond his first album either. Not beyond possibility for her to have material to justify a higher slot.

The "no material" argument this far out just feels a bit familiar :)

1 hour ago, Quark said:

US yes, UK no.

Nah Billie is a way bigger ticket seller than Stormzy in the UK. Billie’s pulling some pretty unprecedented numbers for an artist with a debut album.

3 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Streaming means she won’t need to “drop an album”, she can release new singles anytime she wants.

I fully believe she’ll be on Pyramid next year, where I don’t know though.

I think she will headline on her next album. I’d like to think Emily has her finger on the pulse and she would be the type of act that Emily would want to be a future headliner.

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think she will headline on her next album. I’d like to think Emily has her finger on the pulse and she would be the type of act that Emily would want to be a future headliner.

I’m not a fan, I do like the songs live heard. Not heard many of the kids at school talk about her but all the power to her & I’m sure she’ll smash it.

Would definitely get a new demographic into going to Glasto seeing her high up on the bill (I think younger Instagram gen look at line ups more than us “veteran” efest types who go more to fests for the experience & a few bands).

Glasto needs to move with the times & it’s doing a decent job both catering to new potentials & us die hards eg The Cure & Stormzy.

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I usually don’t find these that interesting but this was so unbelievably wholesome. I hope she headlines Glastonbury one day.

She honestly seems like such a genuine soul... and like she feels things incredibly deeply and that's why she makes such good music and why people connect with it. 

3 hours ago, MetaKate said:

She honestly seems like such a genuine soul... and like she feels things incredibly deeply and that's why she makes such good music and why people connect with it. 

This is the difference between billie and when Lorde came about. Kids really flocked to Lorde and she was the ''goth queen'' for about a year back in 2013/2014. And then it just fizzled out cause there wasnt that extra ''it'' factor in there. Billie being american and just able to seem to be like everyone else and not some weird kid from new zealand just worked. The industry is pretty happy how this panned out, cause it took em 5 years to have another Lorde, and have it stick this time.

I think its a waste to bring her back after a year though. Theres going to be new material coming, so that wont be a concern. But if youre going to have a potential future headliner do 2 years in a row, and then say in 2022 have her at the top? Does it say more about trying to fill up the line up with the hottest names in music, or feeling that the moment is now to have her on the pyramid.  Stormzy had the benefit of the fallow year, and having a high slot on Other in 2017 to make the jump. He sprinkled enough new tracks in his set plus a full out production that told a story. He took his performance very seriously and knew it was a make or break moment. Anyone wanna put that pressure on a 21 year old that likely doesnt grasp whats about to happen if youre booked to headline the pyramid stage? She probably will shrug and say ''alright, this is cool''.

45 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

This is the difference between billie and when Lorde came about. Kids really flocked to Lorde and she was the ''goth queen'' for about a year back in 2013/2014. And then it just fizzled out cause there wasnt that extra ''it'' factor in there. Billie being american and just able to seem to be like everyone else and not some weird kid from new zealand just worked. The industry is pretty happy how this panned out, cause it took em 5 years to have another Lorde, and have it stick this time.

I think its a waste to bring her back after a year though. Theres going to be new material coming, so that wont be a concern. But if youre going to have a potential future headliner do 2 years in a row, and then say in 2022 have her at the top? Does it say more about trying to fill up the line up with the hottest names in music, or feeling that the moment is now to have her on the pyramid.  Stormzy had the benefit of the fallow year, and having a high slot on Other in 2017 to make the jump. He sprinkled enough new tracks in his set plus a full out production that told a story. He took his performance very seriously and knew it was a make or break moment. Anyone wanna put that pressure on a 21 year old that likely doesnt grasp whats about to happen if youre booked to headline the pyramid stage? She probably will shrug and say ''alright, this is cool''.

Who knows how it'll play out in the long run, but if she's willing to play a non-headline slot at the moment they'd be daft not to snap her up. Even if it's to play more or less exactly the same set as last year.

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again. Billie is a window into what the stars of this coming decade are going to be like. She’s achieved so much with just one album and proven that when streaming is really utilised, you can build a fanbase which in the past would have taken 10 years, in one year.

Her rise to fame is pretty unprecedented. She’s become big enough to headline festivals across the globe in 2 years.