Billie Eilish

Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

Said in the other thread but surely there’s a chance she has some kind of guest now. Can’t think who it would be though.

I think no time to die will come back into the setlist for Glasto tho.

Yeah I’d expect her to bring somebody out, but don’t see her just repeating the Damon thing.

My head goes directly to our mate Chris, but think he might still be hurt from the ‘19 ‘backlash’ so perhaps he’ll stay away.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I’d expect her to bring somebody out, but don’t see her just repeating the Damon thing.

My head goes directly to our mate Chris, but think he might still be hurt from the ‘19 ‘backlash’ so perhaps he’ll stay away.

Maybe Stormzy as they are pals? Slightly unforeseen but welcomed?

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

He can't stay away after 4 years surely! No doubt in my mind he'll be somewhere after the gap

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Said in the other thread but surely there’s a chance she has some kind of guest now. Can’t think who it would be though.

I think no time to die will come back into the setlist for Glasto tho.

Yeah if she doesn’t play her only UK number one during a Pyramid headline show then she’s asking for trouble 

6 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Yeah if she doesn’t play her only UK number one during a Pyramid headline show then she’s asking for trouble 

I wouldn’t be surprised if she does play it, but be in trouble if she doesn’t play a pretty mediocre Bond ballad? I don’t think so; it ain’t Skyfall, and she’s certainly got enough to fill a set without it as she’s been doing all tour.

Genuinely think Billie Eilish will go down as one of the worst headliners ever at Glastonbury. Not only is her music bad, her live show is flat and boring, and as stated above she doesn't have the hits for a pyramid headline slot. The average person would probably only recognise Bad Guy and No Time to Die. Not a Taylor Swift fan (although Folklore was decent), but its a massive step down going from her to Billie.

Edited by downtherabbithole

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if she does play it, but be in trouble if she doesn’t play a pretty mediocre Bond ballad? I don’t think so; it ain’t Skyfall, and she’s certainly got enough to fill a set without it as she’s been doing all tour.

Not saying it’s any good but for casual fans (which will be 90% of the Pyramid crowd) it’s her second biggest second song behind Bad Guy

Just now, Matt42 said:

I personally think Foals will have quite a measly crowd against Billie. Billie will pull a lot of people + the casuals. Also think Primal Scream at the same time will chip away at Foals crowd a fair bit.

Do we have into Primal Scream are Friday? Had them in my head for Sunday if anything, when there doesn’t seem to be another rock headliner. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Do we have into Primal Scream are Friday? Had them in my head for Sunday if anything, when there doesn’t seem to be another rock headliner. 

I was literally about to ask this off @Matt42's post. I thought they were Sunday? I haven't seen Primal Scream live since 2006!

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s very hard to keep up this year 

Largely because there are so many big acts on the poster who could either realistically be taking smaller stage headliner slots or midday larger stage slots, and with little indication of what day they’re all playing. Gonna be a lot of surprises and ‘duh’ moments from us come the full lineup.

47 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Quick deep dive: Gorillaz have a show in Berlin on Glasto-Friday.