Billie Eilish

Matt42

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

My review after a few spins now.

- Pleasantly surprised by how hard some tracks go. 

- I saw someone compare this to Britney’s Blackout and I kinda get it.

- The album could do with better track ordering. It's very up and down and I found it hard to sink into it at first.

- The album should have ended at HTE.

- I think this is a great album for showing her versatility as an artist. I'm quite looking forward to hearing what she does next tbh.

- I think her previous is a more ‘solid’ and ‘cohesive’ project. I can sympathise with views that this is a bit messy in points. 

Male Fantasy is one of the best tracks on the album. 

Some songs I could have left out but the whole second half is very strong.

2 hours ago, Radiochicken said:

Yeah fairs, put it on for a second listen now. Maybe it was ME who was somber this morning, ha. 

Agreed - only 2/3rds way through first listen tbf, but so far it feels incredibly low key compared to the debut, to me anyway.

No bad thing, it feels mature and certainly isn't pandering to a pop crowd.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Gave it a listen, but like the first one it’s just not my cup of tea. I like Bad Guy but I fear that’s as far as Ms Eilish and I go.

Glad to see that those of you who are fans are enjoying it though.

I think it’s more that we could see a direction the album was going and feared it may be a clunker. However, she’s managed to keep a lot of it under wraps and there were some genuine surprises listening to this.

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

It’s not a matter of ‘if’, it’s a matter of ‘when’ she headlines now.

Not really. She’s not exactly got a huge back catalogue another album or two that doesn’t go down well and that’s it. I see her as a pretty fragile artist right now, based mainly on her fickle fan base. 

12 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Not really. She’s not exactly got a huge back catalogue another album or two that doesn’t go down well and that’s it. I see her as a pretty fragile artist right now, based mainly on her fickle fan base. 

It’s getting critical acclaim and her fan base doesn’t seem to have gone anywhere. The Billie train isn’t stopping any time soon.

But you can say that about pretty much anything music wise.

Jonathan Wilson- massive critical acclaim. Very strong fan base. 

Chance of headlining 0.

Daddy long legs - critical acclaim in various places. Always sell out. Will never headline (maybe the bandstand). 

If you like a,certain type of music you will always find bits to back up your views.

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s getting critical acclaim and her fan base doesn’t seem to have gone anywhere. The Billie train isn’t stopping any time soon.

1 hour ago, danmarks said:

But you can say that about pretty much anything music wise.

Jonathan Wilson- massive critical acclaim. Very strong fan base. 

Chance of headlining 0.

Daddy long legs - critical acclaim in various places. Always sell out. Will never headline (maybe the bandstand). 

If you like a,certain type of music you will always find bits to back up your views.

Yeah but Jonathan Wilson is a little bit different to Billie Eilish isn’t he? I’m not saying it’s critical acclaim and critical acclaim only. She was a headliner before she released this album and this album has just made her even more of a headliner than she was before.

And before you say it - an artist who plays headline slots at virtually any festival she’s booked for + selling out 5 nights at the O2 amongst a string of UK dates is a headliner. I bet you she’s near the top of the eavis fridge list.

I’m with Matt on this one. I’m not her biggest fan but it’s pretty clear to see that she’s a bit of a phenomenon with the youngsters and regardless of a few so-so singles she’s an absolute powerhouse and will be for a good while now. The albums gonna do big numbers and although there have obviously been instances of acts being huge and then for one reason or another falling right off with the next album, I don’t think that’s the case here, and I can definitely see her being booked to headline on the next album run (or even at the arse end of this one I guess, although definitely more inclined to say next one).

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m with Matt on this one. I’m not her biggest fan but it’s pretty clear to see that she’s a bit of a phenomenon with the youngsters and regardless of a few so-so singles she’s an absolute powerhouse and will be for a good while now. The albums gonna do big numbers and although there have obviously been instances of acts being huge and then for one reason or another falling right off with the next album, I don’t think that’s the case here, and I can definitely see her being booked to headline on the next album run (or even at the arse end of this one I guess, although definitely more inclined to say next one).

Ah thank you, yeah I think she’s here to stay now. Her fan base welcome her shaking it up and she’s never been someone who relies on chart success. I can’t see her “falling off” any time soon, as she’s already shown interest to try different genres. She’s carved out her own style and people like it. I think with her first album you could draw parallels to other artists, but she seems to have gone in a direction that her contemporaries aren’t, which is good I’d say!