Billie Eilish

Matt42

31 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can one of the younger Tik Tok enjoying types of explain why people do this sort of thing?

Every year we get people coming on here pretending to be in the know about who is playing Glastonbury and talking absolute shite and I don't think they are all younger Tik Tok types. Whatever the driving force is behind making up stuff and posting it online I don't think it's generational.

Album is very good.

She's clearly on a Lana/Lorde trajectory (big worldwide first album and then gradually settling into a comfortable career with a sizable hardcore fanbase) than stadium-filling Beyoncé level megastar, and I think she's fine with that.

Edited by jannybruck

4 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Album is very good.

She's clearly on a Lana/Lorde trajectory (big worldwide first album and then gradually settling into a comfortable career with a sizable hardcore fanbase) than stadium-filling Beyoncé level megastar, and I think she's fine with that.

Nah I think she’s got more in her than that. Her fanbase is feverish and I think she’ll be a big deal in the music world for a while now regardless of if the new album hits or not. She’s already cemented herself as a megastar.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Her fanbase is feverish and I think she’ll be a big deal in the music world for a while now regardless of if the new album hits or not.

Yeah I'm not arguing that she won't be, but I think the stuff on here is a good indication that they're not pandering to radio or even streaming. It's a very confident, mature body of work, and artistically I can definitely see her trying some really interesting things. Whether that aligns with someone that'll keep a consistently high level of fame I'm not sure, but I'm looking forward to seeing where she goes either way.

My review after a few spins now.

- Pleasantly surprised by how hard some tracks go. 

- I saw someone compare this to Britney’s Blackout and I kinda get it.

- The album could do with better track ordering. It's very up and down and I found it hard to sink into it at first.

- The album should have ended at HTE.

- I think this is a great album for showing her versatility as an artist. I'm quite looking forward to hearing what she does next tbh.

- I think her previous is a more ‘solid’ and ‘cohesive’ project. I can sympathise with views that this is a bit messy in points.